PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant farms

CSG
12-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Can anyone direct me to someone in the interior who raises and sells live pheasants? If not in the interior, in BC? Thanks

mijinkal
12-20-2010, 01:50 PM
I haven't dealt with them, but you can give them an e-mail or a call.
They sell Pheasants and Chukars and I think they're in the interior.
http://www.bcgamebirds.com/

bogtrotter
12-22-2010, 10:41 PM
I don't know any pheasant hatcheries in the Interior. I am surmising that you would like to buy some birds and release them yourself. I don't think that is allowed - the farmers are not able to sell live birds to you. They can only sell to members of a shooting preserve that has a license from the province. I could be wrong but that is my understanding as a member of Local Hunters in the Lower Mainland.

Having said that, I know there is a fellow around 108 Mile who raises pheasants for release on his land. He advertises in the hunting regs. There is also the Douglas Lake operation mentioned on this thread - see "Twiggs"

cougar1954
12-22-2010, 10:52 PM
can you get eggs to hatch??

Retrievers
12-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Kevin Hill in Cloverdale is raising pheasants for sale. His number is 604 671-3015. I bought 1,300.00 from him last year for pheasant hunts at Twiggs.

CSG
12-23-2010, 01:05 PM
bogtrotter

I have never read anything about it being illegal to release pheasants in the regs, could you point out where it says that?

This release would be on private land and it is not a commercial venture and as I understand it the daily bag limits dont apply to banded birds

bogtrotter
12-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I cannot point to the regs - I am just repeating what I was told by the guys who run our hunting club. I don't think the matter is covered by the regs as they only deal with wild animals. I note that if it was possible to do so I think there would be a lot more people doing it. Wish I was of more help.

spreerider
12-27-2010, 12:54 PM
you need a permit to release any animals and can only keep them if contained on your own property or leased/rented protery.

field marshal
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't actually think you are allowed to advertise your business on this site without the Administrator's permission????:confused:
Cheers----Field Marshal.

CSG
12-28-2010, 09:43 PM
I dont think anyone is advertising their business, I was asking for a reference to a business that supplies pheasants.

spreerider- do you know what the permit is called or where I can get one, what the requirements are? I did a quick search online but I didnt see anything on the government website

porcupine
12-29-2010, 12:30 AM
You need a Sundry Permit from the government to release and harvest pheasants or other birds and wildlife. To get the permit you needed to give the legal boundaries of the land where the birds are to be released and an imspection by a C.O. and of course pay at least $100 for the permit. Otherwise, you have to stay within the provincial regs. I used to get them from the Nanaimo office for the Hidden valley club on the Island.

Visle
01-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Just did a quick check of the Wildlife Act and Sect 77 covers the release, escapment and abandonment of wild animals making it illegal...however Div 1 of the Wildlife Act Regulations under 1.04 reads that a person who releases on private land a pheasant,quail,partridge or wild turkey which is hatched and raised in captivity is for that purpose exempt fom Sect 77.

Cariboo Game Calls
01-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Try Arnold Abrams at 250 7916652. He's located at Dempsy Lake, which is near 100 Mile House off Hwy 97 at 111 Mile. Arnold purchased all of the equipment from the Little Fort, BC pheasant operation after the owner passed away a year or so ago.

darrin6109
01-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Just did a quick check of the Wildlife Act and Sect 77 covers the release, escapment and abandonment of wild animals making it illegal...however Div 1 of the Wildlife Act Regulations under 1.04 reads that a person who releases on private land a pheasant,quail,partridge or wild turkey which is hatched and raised in captivity is for that purpose exempt fom Sect 77.

so whats your point?

darrin6109
01-26-2011, 09:02 PM
sorry started from the last post