PDA

View Full Version : Peace Trip 2010

blindguy
12-18-2010, 11:13 AM
Well just had hernia op yesterday so thought now would be a good time to relax and share our hunt.

Our trip up north this year was put on hold,one of the crew got a new job and had no time off .My wife had commitments rite in the middle of our trip dates so we weren't going to go this year ! Well my wife was away i started brain stroming found a couple new partners as well as a regular. So it was set my wife got home i handed her our little girl and we were off.

Now it was a week later than we usualy go so we weren't sure if the rut would be over or not, but we didn't care it was a trip up to one of my fav spot.

The trip up was quick with good road conditions but very cold by the time we reached our destination it was a chilly -31.

We got our gear set up and had a quick night sleep.Our first morn we all stayed together and scouted all the properties we were alowed to hunt.By early aft we had it figured out where most the deer were hanging out,So back to the house to get our stuff organized.

So were off for the evening hunt the 2 new crew were totaly pumped,we were just getting to the spot where we were going to sit for the night when i spotted a small 3point whitey,jokingly i say to Dan there's a good one let him have it,lol when Ian looks up and says there's another buck it's decent for Dan's first so we said jump out and let him have it.Dan get out ! Dan get out!! Guys my guns stuck to the seatbelt, guys this isn't funny guys help!!!!!!!!!!! Ian and i look at each other and at the same time say Steve you ready. Oh ya he was out the door lined up his 7mm on him at 280yrs and let fly Whap!!! Our first buck down and Steve's first whitey period.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010003.jpg

A nice basket 5x5 not bad for his first.

The next morn we went back to the same spot and in the exact same spot there was a huge whitey the biggest one we have seen in 5 years up there,it was so tall i had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a Muley.Dan get out and shoot!!! this time he gets out and on him quickly bang!!the deer doesn't even flinch then he runs like only a whitey can run.
Clean miss.Dan 0 deer 2lol .The rest of the day is good while we never shot anything we saw lots of bucks and were having a good time bugging poor Dan.

Well time for some more pain killers get back to this soon.

porcupine
12-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Hope the surgery went well Trevor. Enjoying the story and pics so far.

Bighorn hunter
12-18-2010, 11:52 AM
X2,, keep er coming

Wolfman
12-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice animal there, man.

Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

blindguy
12-18-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm back pain killers kicked in.
before i carry on i forgot to mention Ian and myself have been up on this hunt for the last 5 years and it's Steve and Dans first time.

SO morn 3 had us back at our lucky spot for daylight it was like Walt Disney lots of whities at least 200 elk and a few moose all in one area.
We never saw the big boy this morn and passed on a few not bad ones so we decided to go hit some timber for mule bucks.We just started up our hill when i spotted a doe hidden in the timber we stop Dan and eagle eye Steve jump out ,We carry on up the rd and not a minute later we here BANG!!!So back down the hill we go seems eagle eye didn't get 10ft over the bank and there was a mule buck staring at him 25ft away total bang flop! It his biggest muley to date not a monster but a very cool rack nice even 4x4 with a bit of junk on it to make a 7x6.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010020.jpg

Steve is just pumped two nice bucks in 3 days ian and i are pumped as well cause now Steve is done but we still have his eagle eye!

Steve cleans it we put it in the truck and decide to go have a look at our field for a whitey before dark.We get to the spot and there's a few does but no bucks so we go passed it a bit when Eagle eye looks into this stand of timber thats ina small ravine and there's the buck eagle eye's goin nuts BIGBUCK,HUGEBBBBBBBUCK HOLY SHITE BIGGGG BUCKKKK thats my cue i jump out walk back aways and there's the big guy and i mean huge buck walking away with a doe in some super think crap not 50yrds away scope up he's a huge 5x5 i would guess high 160ish but he's in such thick shit i have no shot i'm still looking at it through my scope and figure i can sneak a shot through bang! Nope no sneaking a shot through and missed completly great.So i get back to the truck and have to tell the boys i missed him,i wasn't to upset it was kind of a hope and a prayer.As darkness came the drive back to the house was quite and i was feeling quite sick.Nothin a few glasses of the captain couldn't fix.

Morning 4 has us headed back in search of the big whitey were just about there it was just the crack of dawn when at the same time we all see him this time he's 100yrds away and in the wide open.Ian it's your turn,i'm tellin the boys it's a done deal i've never seen ian miss a deer especially 100yrds.Ok anytime Ian,Ian he's getting ready to f off come on Ian,oh no there he goes i give him a quick grunk and he stops in his tracks now 250yrds away stiil a no brainer for Ian And still no shot after a few seconds he's gone for good.When we meet back up with Ian we asked what happened he said he couldn't make out his cross hairs.I'm thinkin good for you buddy that ethical as hell but at the same time we could all see the buck with our naked eye,took a look at his scope it was on 16power no wonder,oh well better being safe the sorry.So now were thinkin this buck has 9 lives!

So after the morning goes buy we head to the timber in search of some more mule bucks,there's a big slash we have to go through before we hit timmber,all of a sudden old eagle starts BBIGGG BUCK BIG BBBBUCK HOLY SHITE RITE THERE! Ian and i are out find a good rest and have a good look at him he's a giant 3 tall wide and the back points are huge!!!I say go ahead Ian Bang clear miss at 200yrds so i take a crack and it's a bang flop.I love my little 270 it's a killin machine.Ian and i take off up the slash and the other boys take a rd that leads rite to him.He's a nice even 3 no gaurds and the backs are 17inches for only a 3 he's my biggest deer.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010036.jpg

here he is a pic of Ian and myself.

Thats it for now be back later there's still a few to come!!!!!1

Piperdown
12-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Come on Trev this is not fair! Get typing.

Bonecollector
12-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Love how you haaaad to mention the seatbelt thing... lol

Piperdown
12-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Moderators ban Blindguy if he doesn't post today, come on Trev I leave first ferry tomorrow :biggrin: 16 power eh, wait till i see Ian!

Blktail
12-20-2010, 08:51 AM
What a great hunt! Can't wait to hear more.

Prowler
12-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I ran in to the boys on the ferry coming home.. Thers still a BUNCH more bucks comin to this story!!:-D

blindguy
12-20-2010, 12:37 PM
Sorry for the delay boys i guess the freezing wore off and i was down and out yesterday.

So day 5 started out with us headed back for the big whitey.On our drive there we noticed the temp go from -28 and by the time daylight came around it was +1 wow talk about chinook winds! There were not many deer out in the morn and figured it was the wind and temp change so we were headed back to the house when Ian says lets go have a look over in this piece of prop.We've looked in there for 4 years in a row and never seen many deer so i was less than excited.We started back along a fence line for a mile or so when we stopped to glass the many little timber edges,with nothing being spotted we started diving again,we went maybe 50 yrds when eagle eye says holder there a minute i think i see a cyote no it's a deer! its well over a mile away so out comes the spotting scope no just a doe.Oh wait there's one laying down beside it ,Oh ya big buck! but there's a prob he's out in the middle of no where with nothing to get behind to get closer to him so we decide to just go straight at him and see if he would stay with his doe long enough to get in range for Ian to get a crack at him.No go he's up and going and were still 800yrs away.He went forever before disapearing into a thicket.We went over to try and flush him out to no avail.So now were headed out and as we go over a small ridge there is a doe and small 4 point buck standing there looking a little shocked to see us. Ian jumped out and his itchy trigger finger got the best of him and the buck was down!

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010013.jpg

The rest of the day was uneventfull but we did some exploring and found some new to us area.

blindguy
12-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Day 6 was to be our last day so we had to get Dan one more chance at a buck.Maybe his 5th or 6th time would be his charm!lol.....

We were headed to our spots and noticed the temp dropped to -18 and we figured the deer would be back out and about.

We dropped Ian off at a spot where we had seen some mulies and let Dan decide if he wanted to hunt with him or come take one more look for the big whitey,he came with us which turned out to be a good choice.We just got to our spot and noticed quite a few deer moving around most were a long ways away.Then all of a sudden 2 bucks walked out of a thicket 200yrds away and one was quite a bit bigger than the other.Put my glasses up and it wasn't the hog we were after but for a last day and Dan's first whitey it was a good one.Dan put out his bi pod took aim and down he went! It wasn't till he hit the ground that we realised how wide he was you could see the large frame sticking up in the air.Good one Dan and what a first White tail! Its a 5x5 with not huge points but very think and has a 24in inside spread!

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010046.jpg

This isn't the best pic will put more up when i get them.Rite Dan.

So after the high fives and pic taking we load him up and go pick up Ian.
Form there we head to our other mulie spot.Not far from where we got my buck we were going through the same slash on the way to the timber and you guessed it Eagle eye came through yet again.Hey Ian just back up a bit i saw some thing that looks to good to be true but if i don't check i'll be kicking my self.Yup another buck it was laying in some grass up on a bluff and all you could see was the horns sticking up.Ian and Dan jumped out and started there stalk when they got to around 50yrds away they crested a hill to where they could see the deer,Ian put his gun up and it was all over.A nice 3x3 with gaurds and a perfect way to end our trip!!

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/HudsonsHope2010055.jpg

Wat a great trip with good buddies,and now full freezers and memmories to hang on the wall.

Here's a pic from back home.

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/MadiWinter2010008.jpg

Thanks to our gracious host Miss Kelly for putting up with us for 6days and can't wait for next yr already.

Prowler
12-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Haha, thats awesome Trevor, Im glad you were able to get the truck back to the Island without blowing a leaf spring or something!!

hunter1947
12-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Wow thats one stack of WT and mule deer on the shelf one hell of a good trip that all I got to say ,well done http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

rburm
12-21-2010, 08:41 AM
Holy smokes!! you have them laid out, stacked up like geese or ducks!!lol great job, great pics great story...well done fellas!!

damn am i jealous !!

fester
12-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Awesome. Nice deer!!!

bigwhiteys
12-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Was this like the Island Outfitters annual hunting trip...? Recognize some of the faces.

Hopefully you antlers hanging out all over for the ferry trip home :)

Carl

blindguy
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
Nope not an annual islandoutfitters trip but there are a couple from the store with us.

No antlers all over the place but Ians little dodge half ton with canopy was so full you couldn't fit one other thing in it,infact we left 2 coolers and a gas jug up there.lol

adamgarbett
12-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Nice job fellas

Sitkaspruce
12-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Awesome hunt and picts guys!!

That one two point mulie is huge!!!

Cheers

SS

blacktail20
12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
?? Two point...?
Awesome hunt and picts guys!!

That one two point mulie is huge!!!

Cheers

SS

blindguy
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Here's a better pic Dans whitey .

http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss90/secondpaige/IMG00078.jpg

BiG Boar
01-06-2011, 01:28 PM
wow for being blind, it appears as though you wern't! Good work on the killing! Meat for the freezer for sure. I would have dates picked out for next year as well.

BillyBull
01-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Wow just a great trip ... nice storyline ... gotta love it when your hunting and the seatbelt gets in the way lol.

kennyj
01-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Great story and a nice bunch of bucks.
kenny

snareman1234
01-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow! awesome pics Trev! you guys slayed them. Couple more months and we'll be out after some other slabs eh

blindguy
01-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Ya you bet. Can't wait to get back out there . been doing a bit of fishing in the last week it's been good but there's nothing like the good old swiftsure!

How's your nose healing up? Sounds like you had a great year as well ,good work.

snareman1234
01-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Ah it looks good, you'd never even know now.

aw man your lucky! see yea soon