PDA

View Full Version : 3D Scoring

Walksalot
12-17-2010, 07:29 AM
Should arrows outside of the kill zone count as no points.

Ruger4
12-17-2010, 07:34 AM
I like how some clubs have a zero or a -5 score for anything outside the 8 and 10 rings.

Stone Sheep Steve
12-17-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm sure someone can comment more accurately than I can ...but I believe there are some shoots called "ethical shoots" (IIRC) where you can use rangefinders and get negative points for electing to take an unethical shot and no points (or possibly deductions??) for missing the kill zone.

SSS

Walksalot
12-17-2010, 07:43 AM
I started out to make this a poll but got messed up.

Walksalot
12-17-2010, 08:20 AM
If we give no points for arrows out of the kill zone do we take away from the fun of the shoot for people who are archers and not hunters. On the other side of the coin does giving points to an arrow outside of the kill zone give pause for an outside observer to question the object of the shoot.

Brambles
12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
No you shouldn't.

All it is is scoring, the good shooters are still gonna win cause they will RARELY get a 5. The ones your hurting are the traditional shooters, kids, lady's and beginners.

not a big deal IMO

ThinAir
12-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I'm sure someone can comment more accurately than I can ...but I believe there are some shoots called "ethical shoots" (IIRC) where you can use rangefinders and get negative points for electing to take an unethical shot and no points (or possibly deductions??) for missing the kill zone.

SSS

Our club calls it a "Fred Bear" shoot....hunting is the focus. You get negative 5 for a shot outside the kill zone. Some guys end up with a pretty poor score after the end of the day! :-D

Bow Walker
12-17-2010, 06:39 PM
No you shouldn't.

All it is is scoring, the good shooters are still gonna win cause they will RARELY get a 5. The ones your hurting are the traditional shooters, kids, lady's and beginners.

not a big deal IMO
Yup! a shitty shot for the likes of BOWSITTER, and some of his pals (Bernie) is an "8"....and a very close-to-the-ten 8 at that!

They count the number of 5's on one or two fingers.:eek:

Vader
12-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Have shot them all and as Brambles states it should be scorable to encourage kids and beginners to enjoy the outting and have fun. Lots of shoots only separated by 3 points 1st to 3rd.
I have no problem with the rangefinder users to deduct 5 or score 0 for outside the 8.