PDA

View Full Version : Bear rug apologies

MuleyStalker
12-16-2010, 01:25 PM
To those of you who read the thread titled "High Caliber Taxidermy bad news??" I just to apologize if it sounds like I was trying to tear down his reputation. As Mr. Dean said, I was simply trying to find out if this was a regular occurrence with this particular taxidermist. I apologize to Jamie Reynolds if I lost you business. It was not my intent. I have called High Caliber and am waiting to hear back to get things straightened out.

Old Crow
12-16-2010, 01:34 PM
That's how I read your initial post as well. If you don't get a response, you ask a polite question, as you did. No worries.
It got a response, for sure, lol, incl the one you wanted.
With all the tech we have now, there's little or no reason for not keeping in touch.

Mr. Dean
12-16-2010, 01:56 PM
To those of you who read the thread titled "High Caliber Taxidermy bad news??" I just to apologize if it sounds like I was trying to tear down his reputation. As Mr. Dean said, I was simply trying to find out if this was a regular occurrence with this particular taxidermist. I apologize to Jamie Reynolds if I lost you business. It was not my intent. I have called High Caliber and am waiting to hear back to get things straightened out.

Quite frankly, I didn't see it as a 'slogg thread'. I also don't believe that that is the nature of his business (woulda heard otherwise). Fact is that in business, SOMETIMES a ball gets dropped... What matters, is how that ball is handled there-after.

I'm sure you two will figure it out. :wink:

mijinkal
12-16-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm with the others. I don't think it came across as you slogging or putting down High Caliber.
You're not the one that cost him business, he did it himself by the way he handled the situation.

12-16-2010, 02:04 PM
Quite frankly, I didn't see it as a 'slogg thread'. I also don't believe that that is the nature of his business (woulda heard otherwise). Fact is that in business, SOMETIMES a ball gets dropped... What matters, is how that ball is handled there-after.

I'm sure you two will figure it out. :wink:

Any one who has worked retail sales knows this as the truth!
I worked contract door sales for a couple years. It is amazing the crap you can pull your butt out of if you try,,, And how easy it can be to drop that ball.

Albert Jhonson
Rat River

laredo318
12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
I saw nothing wrong with your initial post, and query. All you asked is if this has happened to others in the past. You stated facts, and they were confirmed by the other party. I believe it was dealt with, by him, and should be put to rest now.
I have found in business, it is not if stuff happens, it is when.
Often the difference between an successful business, and one not as successful, is how it is dealt with. Anyone who states, that mistakes nver happen, is a liar..plain and simple. I am NOT calling anyone a liar re: this subject, just stating a fact.

Sleep Robber
12-16-2010, 02:18 PM
MuleyStalker, You did nothing wrong, but it is good of you to say something regardless.

However, I did see the post by "badlandshunter" to be inappropriate. Hearsay on the internet can be a killer, and with no proof to back it up, should be left for PM's or face to face meetings amongst each other. Saying this kind of stuff on a global site can bury people for ever.

Again, good of you for stepping up, but not needed IMO. I think everything will work out just fine now.

gutpile
12-16-2010, 02:26 PM
There is no need to put your full name no the net, all so when you have been trying to get your bear back for two and have years and you didn't get the results you wanted then I don't blame you for questioning the business on line. I would have done the same thing.

BlacktailStalker
12-16-2010, 03:25 PM
If somebody feels they have been taken advantage of or is being treated unfairly, the internet is a GREAT place to have things addressed properly.
I see no issues with it at all.
Better post a pic when its done though ! (you'll likely be skinned alive if its a 4.5' bear rug :lol:)

Piperdown
12-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Agreed with the other replys, I did not see it as trash talking. As usual just post a thread and by the third page you won't even recognize it from the numerous hijacks and ranting :eek:

Torch
12-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I just finished the other thread and from an outside perspective that you handled it quite well and in response so did he, things will always go amiss; It's life and some times your the shovel, sometimes your the shit...

Kudos to both of you to acting in a respectable manner, and I think no less of the taxidermist after reading his prompt and honest reply...

killer
12-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I personally would have done and said the sameif it was my animal that i was waiting for.Nothing i read would deter me from using that taxi.

badlandshunter
12-16-2010, 10:36 PM
sleep robber and high caliber my apologies for passing on so called hearsay. did not mean to take away from high calibers reputation. i don't have any personal complaints with the guy so i probably should have just let others speak for themselves. next time i post an opinion about something i will show evidence to back my statements. the only one that actually had a first hand complaint was fourbyfour but he said it a little more subtle than I. again apologies to high caliber.

hunter1947
12-17-2010, 04:00 AM
Glad to see a :-D ending come out of this thread http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..