PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife sighting

rock
06-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Have to say we had more then a 6 different bears at my house over the last month or so, they been stealing my neighbors chickens when they get the chance, deer have been showing up in the laqst couple of weeks, even seen two fawns. Two young bucks looking like they might be 3 or 4 pointers one was very nice,
The other day I was working on a job with a little bit of acreage sitting on the porch eating moose jerky and drinking a coffee noticing movement in some trees I looked lower and noticed a deer standing there. So I proceeded to do low bleat calls, 3 calls later the deer is walking down a bank not even 20 feet from me, the wind was perfect so I didn't move an inch. At this point I continued a few more low bleates and basically it walk a few more feet and started to bleat back more of a sound that was produced threw there nostrils. Played around with this deer for 5 minutes, then I moved a bit she pinned me right away and turned to exit but not fast, waited tell she was about 35 yds away and started the bleats again she turned and was in at 10 feet away bleating and looking for that other deer that was not there. Sorry for babbling on but it was pretty nice to call that animal in that close with your own vocals, I know last year was a productive year for calling in deer but this was awsome..
Animals beware I'm out there.;)