PDA

View Full Version : My 2010 Review

Rock Doctor
12-15-2010, 05:13 PM
Hi Allhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/hello.gif

I went through a bunch of videos from the past yr and tried to put a review togeather. I ended up with a vid almost 40min longhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif, so I cut it down a bunch. I managed to hack it down to under 10min, but you might be suprised at how much I managed to retain, and how fast it goes by. Mostly Argo, Quad, and fishing left in it now. Some bits have been posted before, and some have not. I have NOT included any hunting footage in this, not sure what I'm doing with that stuff yet, still a work in progress.

Feel free to make suggestions on the good and bad, but go easy on me today, I feel like I've been stomped by a Bison (Spent the last 4 days laying about 650 sq ft of Laminant Flooring and even more Hardwood flooring as wellhttp://www.6x6world.com/forums/images/smilies/help.gif)

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rrNksTQYzs

RD

guywitha270
12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
That just made my day. I am envious of you to be sure. I need to get my kid out and do a fraction of what you're doing with yours. Really inspirational. Thanks very much and keep it up.

hillclimber
12-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I thought it was great! Love the part where your kids are doing donuts in the argo. Just one question what kind of tires do you have on your atv? Those paddles look like they work good in the muskeg!

tristanmac
12-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Great video Rock Doctor, always a pleasure to watch! Looks like you and the family have a lot of fun!

Rock Doctor
12-15-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought it was great! Love the part where your kids are doing donuts in the argo. Just one question what kind of tires do you have on your atv? Those paddles look like they work good in the muskeg!

The tires are nothing unusual, they are Super Swampers. The Paddles are an aftermarket item called "Mudslingers". I've found that they are a great conversation starter:-D, and they also work well in Mud, Snow, and Muskeg. The BIG downside is that they throw the tires so far out of ballance that you are, literally, taking your life into your own hands if you run any faster than about 4th gear. They have a steel ring that mounts inside the rims, and that ring has tabs that wedge into the rolled lip of older style rims. They will not work on any other type of rims. They are also VERY expensive, I only have them becouse I they were offered to me as a Demo Set.

RD

Pioneerman
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
What a great life you have. Thanks for sharing

stitch
12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow.....seriously.....I could only wish to live and experience what you just showed us. Thanks for sharing....I want an argo for christmas!!!!

kennyj
12-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Awesome video. Love watching the kids have a blast.
kenny

d6dan
12-15-2010, 07:10 PM
What an awesome vid RD!. I can only imagine the live you and your family/friends live..Keep posting your vids, as I've always enjoyed watching...Thanks again!.:-D.Dan

Caveman
12-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Awesome RD!! Great family excursions. I'm sure you get asked all the time but what do you use for a camera?

BCLongshot
12-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Absolutely excellent

.308 NORMA
12-15-2010, 07:37 PM
I"m jealous!!!!!! awesome vid.!!!!!!

M.Dean
12-15-2010, 07:52 PM
I was watching your video when a friend dropped by, your girls were talking and our friend said" Hey is that our favorite family from Fort Nelson"? Excellent video, you guys will be famous!!! Thanks for taking the time to put it together for us!!!

Rock Doctor
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Awesome RD!! Great family excursions. I'm sure you get asked all the time but what do you use for a camera?
Currently I have a VIO POV1 (Point of View) Very nice litte unit, easy to use and it shoots good quality video.

I was watching your video when a friend dropped by, your girls were talking and our friend said" Hey is that our favorite family from Fort Nelson"? Excellent video, you guys will be famous!!! Thanks for taking the time to put it together for us!!!

Oh come on:-D

I'd rather be rich than famous:wink:

RD

yama49
12-15-2010, 11:59 PM
awesome vid, just curious, do your argos still float with some of those loads?

Rock Doctor
12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
awesome vid, just curious, do your argos still float with some of those loads?

Floats like a Rock with some of those loads:-D

Actually had a bit of a Brainfart on one of those trips and drove into a Burrowpit, fully loaded, all the kids with me too. I was floating, but sinking at the same time, I knew right away that what I did was very stupid but it was too late. Reverse was not an option (Argo will NOT swim backwards), and turning around causes the Argo to lean over (That option would have sent us to the bottom like the Titanic). I had to get across, but couldn't try to do it fast (spinning the tires fast when swimming actually lifts the front of the Argo, and the water would have poured in faster at the back).
I made it, barely, with so much water in the Argo that it would not climb out the other side of the pit. By the time that I jumped out over the hood, and hooked up the winch, the Argo was sunk, but it was shallow enough that the upper rim of the machine was just a few inches under.
All of my girls could swim at the time, even the youngest, who was only 2yrs old, but there are so many variables..........cold water, swimming with cloths on, 3 kids, and me with only 2 hands.........could've been a disaster:?

RD

Bigbear
12-16-2010, 11:29 AM
You and your Family exemplify living the outdoor Life style. Those are memory's that your family will talk about for generations to come. Maybe we all could learn a lesson from this about, spending quality time with Family and good friends.
Thankyou it just renewed me.

Lots'oLabs
12-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Thanks! We loved watching the video.
Looks like you have a hoot together.
Your girls are fearless.
..... you may have your hands full in the future:lol:

Thanks for sharing..... we're now passing the link to our family and friends to enjoy!

Merry Christmas,
Ian and Deb

hillclimber
12-16-2010, 05:35 PM
The tires are nothing unusual, they are Super Swampers. The Paddles are an aftermarket item called "Mudslingers". I've found that they are a great conversation starter:-D, and they also work well in Mud, Snow, and Muskeg. The BIG downside is that they throw the tires so far out of ballance that you are, literally, taking your life into your own hands if you run any faster than about 4th gear. They have a steel ring that mounts inside the rims, and that ring has tabs that wedge into the rolled lip of older style rims. They will not work on any other type of rims. They are also VERY expensive, I only have them becouse I they were offered to me as a Demo Set.

RD

just put a bunch of wheel weights on the inside of the rim. Maybe it'll work:confused:

Yukon280
01-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Were the first minutes up near Toad River?
Man, watching your videos, all the mud sure is not an enticement to move to Ft Nelson LOL!!
Pretty fair trade to be near the Muskwa/Ketchika though.
Have you ever been up the Racing river?

Rock Doctor
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
That was "Buba Canyon", just past the rock cut beyond Sumit Lake, on the right side. We do an anual spring trip up the canyon every year, but as you can see, we were a little late this yr.
Usually it's a hike up the ice, without all the water.

RD