PDA

View Full Version : elk on muskwa aug15

white moose
12-15-2010, 02:35 PM
Anybody go on the opener for elk on the muskwa? How long were you able to keep meat in the warm weather? Do you run meat back to town or do keep cool some other way. How much boat traffic?

Rock Doctor
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Yes, quite often myself and/or some of my buddies are tagged out for Moose within the first week. Usually do a few day trips on the Muskwa, Prophet, or Nelson Rivers early.
Meat must be brought to a cooler right away, or your taking chances.
Almost no boat trafic on the lower parts of the rivers. Some trafic on the upper Muskwa.

I happen to know who has a walk in cooler, if you were to need one:wink: I've heard that I'm kinda expensive though:twisted:

RD

white moose
12-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, quite often myself and/or some of my buddies are tagged out for Moose within the first week. Usually do a few day trips on the Muskwa, Prophet, or Nelson Rivers early.
Meat must be brought to a cooler right away, or your taking chances.
Almost no boat trafic on the lower parts of the rivers. Some trafic on the upper Muskwa.

I happen to know who has a walk in cooler, if you were to need one:wink: I've heard that I'm kinda expensive though:twisted:

RD
Would love to talk with you. i maybe working in ft. nelson area in earlyspring. Own a 2o10firefish hammerhead, want to put my boys in front of an elk.