PDA

View Full Version : Sheep hunting on the muskwa

white moose
12-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Was wondering how far up the muskwa you go to get into decent sheep country? How long to hike off river? How far does riverjet take his clients up?Hope somebody can give me a rough idea.thanks.

MuleyMadness
12-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Call the folks at Riverjet if you want to know about their services...everything I have ever heard about them is good, so I'm sure they would be glad to answer your questions.

srupp
12-15-2010, 03:07 PM
First step contact Kevin... @ Riverjet Adventures, next get in shape, and buy a good camera for the photos..:mrgreen:

Cant say enough good about Kevin....

cheers
Steven

white moose
12-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I have my own boat. Just wondering about the do.it.yourselfers. Need an idea of how far, so i can figure fuel, weight etc... Have an 18.5 hammerhead with 350. Could my oldman hunt elk at basecamp? Trying to make this dream a reality. Went with guy scott for elk about 6 years ago, awesome country. thanks

MuleyMadness
12-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I would still call Kevin...sure lots of guys on here have done it too...but I'm sure he'd be willing to share too.

Brett
12-15-2010, 07:21 PM
About 6 hours up according to the guys at work who do it, right to and past the lakes "katcheesy" ??

northernhunter
12-15-2010, 08:42 PM
About 5 hours up, just below the outfitters and up. Prepare for some pressure in the area unless you hike way back, and i mean at least a day or you'll be playing with alot of other hunters. If you're going mid august elk will be high so you're dad will have to do a little hiking

white moose
12-16-2010, 10:33 AM
About 5 hours up, just below the outfitters and up. Prepare for some pressure in the area unless you hike way back, and i mean at least a day or you'll be playing with alot of other hunters. If you're going mid august elk will be high so you're dad will have to do a little hiking
Thanks for the tips, just seems like an effort to get people to commit to a trip like that. sounds like an awesome run.

budismyhorse
12-16-2010, 10:42 AM
????? an effort to get buddies to come jetboat them up the Muskwa??

Good lord you need better friends! ;)

If you wanted....I'm sure there is a laundry list of guys on this website that would be on your doorstep with a pack full of gear waiting like a hound dog.

white moose
12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
????? an effort to get buddies to come jetboat them up the Muskwa??

Good lord you need better friends! ;)

If you wanted....I'm sure there is a laundry list of guys on this website that would be on your doorstep with a pack full of gear waiting like a hound dog.
Yeah, its strange how those fair weather friends come around when they find out you have your own boat. My dad and i are in for sure. Planning to go with 4 guys. Hope 120 gal of gas will make it.

jml11
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
About 6 hours up according to the guys at work who do it, right to and past the lakes "katcheesy" ??

Perhaps Kluachesi?

This lake is a ways off the river though, probably half a day to a full day depending on fitness levels.

Stick to MU 7-50 for elk and you can harvest cows and small 3-point bull elk, might be easier for your dad? Believe this means sticking to the west side of the river along the foothills and the north side once in the mountains.