PDA

View Full Version : Jan 3d shoot in Abby.

Jiff
12-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Hi there people.

We've got a big shoot coming up in January and it's my first time. well i've been to 1 turkey shoot.

I've got some questions about the shoot coming up:

I shoot barebow, and i hear there are different categories? Wooden or alminum arrows? how about carbons. i've tried matching a set of carbs and so far it's still in the works of tuning and matching to my bow.

Also wondering if there was some sort of age category or poundage category. I shoot a 45pound td recurve.

bah... there was 1 question i was gonna ask but it slipped off my tongue.
if i remember i'll ask it later.

Thanks guys :D

Bow Walker
12-16-2010, 11:41 AM
There are usually age categories and equipment categories at 3D shoots, but there are no "arrow" categories. Many traditional shooters use wooden arrows - while just as many use carbons. Makes no difference.

Draw weight of your bow is up to you. There are no categories for that, either.

You'll be shooting from different stakes than those that are younger or those that use compound bows. Have a great time and don't lose too many arrows.

greybark
12-16-2010, 04:40 PM
:-DHey Bow Walker , The Traditional split is as follows .... "Traditional Wood" and "Traditional Other ".
:wink: The past differances in speed between Longbows and Recurves as been eliminated with the advent of the newer Hybred Longbows . Greater differences in performance now is set on wiether you use a wooden arrow or Other arrow (Carbon , Alum ) .
:-D I certainly think this is the right call .
Cheers

The Hermit
12-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Yep the arrows make a big difference! Different categories for wood and other.