PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Mexico?

Johnnybear
12-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Anyone hunt in Mexico before?

My hunting buddies are down there right now and got offered a trip to hunt some pig's. I told them I wanted to see some porkly pic's real soon:-D.

I understand the bird hunting can be great down there as well.

I am planning another trip down South soon and it would be nice to do some hunting instead of fishing while down there. Something near the coast.

Gunner
12-13-2010, 10:43 PM
There is good duck hunting in the Mazatlan area,outfitters supply the guns.Mostly teal(bluewing and cinnamon),pins and some tree ducks.I tried it in the 80s,it was fun. Gunner

Johnnybear
12-13-2010, 11:05 PM
There is good duck hunting in the Mazatlan area,outfitters supply the guns.Mostly teal(bluewing and cinnamon),pins and some tree ducks.I tried it in the 80s,it was fun. Gunner

Sound's like fun for sure. Thanks Gunner:-D. I can only do the beach and market thing for a couple of day's then I get bored real quick down there. My wife loves the latter so I could sneek away real easily for something else like hunting!

David Heitsman
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm flying to Hermosillo, Mexico for mule deer on New Year's day for a week. There is Coues and desert sheep available as well. If I should tag early on a muley I'll look for Coues deer. If I win the Lotto, I'll stay till I get a desert sheep!

I have been bidding these trips at SCI and Grand Slam auctions for a few years now but they have gone up so high recently that I have been outpaced in the first 3 bids. This year is different and within budget so we'll give it a try.
Will let you know how it goes.

Some of my friends have done Mexican whitetails and Coues. Let's see if they respond to you here.