PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant hunting

Retrievers
12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Had a great season pheasant hunting at Twiggs (across from Salmon Lake in Merritt area) this year. 100 bird release for up to 6 guys over a 2 night stay. Take home average was 60 birds per group. No bag limits. All meals were included.
Got to see lots of good dogs working in the field and some that could use a little help. Don't see many women shooters which I hope changes over the next little while.

300H&H
12-13-2010, 10:09 AM
This was a paid hunt was it ?

I've fished some of the lakes around Salmon Lake & have been to Twiggs but never heard about pheasant hunting. Can you tell me more details like price & times. Thanks

Danny
12-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Id like to hear a little more about it also.

Mr. Dean
12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
I'm looking into one of these hunts for next year. Sounds way kewwwwl!

bowhuntersparks
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
if you guys are into paid hunts my friend in ontario has a pheasant outfitter (gold creek farms) and is one of the top places in north
america.i dont know price's but just tell him matt sparks sent you.

Retrievers
12-13-2010, 06:45 PM
It started with me training clients gun dogs. Once the dog was trained I realized that the owners needed to learn all the commands and how to handle the dog with the E collar. So I came up with the idea of hiring a outfitter in Saskatchewan. We would hunt ducks and geese in pits in the mornings and then we would release pen raised birds and have a great upland hunt in the afternoons. After 2 or 3 days the dog and handler became a team and was ready to go back home.
I was tired of traveling so far away so I contacted Douglas Lake Ranch to see if I could start up my business venture there. They gave me Sept and October at Twiggs every year for the past 6 years.

I am sold out from Sept 19th - Oct 24th. Begining of Sept Canadian Tradition has shown some interest in coming up and doing a filming on the hunts that I offer. I have begining of Sept still open and end of October.
It's a great time, all meals are included and many book a 2 night spot with just friends. The lodge can take up to 6 people. 2 rooms have queen beds so on occation wives join in too.

Retrievers
12-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Still have openings from Sept 1st to 19th for pheasant hunts at Twiggs. The rest of Sept and October is sold out.

rburm
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
How much is it per night, per person, and how do i book?

yamadirt 426
12-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Are you an advertiser of the site ? Sounds like a good time. The first post comes off as you paid for this. Just curious as i hope to have a good dog one day.

Retrievers
12-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Send me a PM with your email address and I can answer your questions. Linda

field marshal
12-28-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't actually think you are allowed to advertise on this site without the Administrator's permission?????
Cheers-----Field Marshal.

Cariboo Game Calls
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM
For you guys wanting to hunt a few released pheasants try giving this guy a call, he bought out all the pens etc from the Little Fort, BC pheasant operation and is now raising birds on a very large acerage. He's licenced and he's located near 100 Mile House at Dempsey Lake which is off Hyw 97 at 111 Mile House. His name is Arnold Abrams and his phone number is: 250 791 6652