PDA

View Full Version : My Aug moose hunt

gutpile
12-12-2010, 02:35 AM
Will I guess it's about time that I post my first successful moose hunt.
It started on aug the 16th when dad and son pick me up on the prest road over pass in chilliwack it was about 7pm.
We drove to merritt to pick up he's trailer and we spent the night there.
Next morning we drove to kamloops to pick up another hunter.
From there we drove up to fort nelson. There were four of us in this hunting party dad and son and me and two other guys.

On the first trip to this lake dad and son [Glenn] and rob and I ,got the boat ready then we went up a hill to look the lake over.
The first thing we saw was a three point moose, and Rob decided he wanted to take him. With in about an hour he got he's moose, one shot in the boiler room from a 270 with a 130 grain bullet within two hundred yards.

After we finished loading Rob's moose into the boat and heading back, when all of a sudden Glenn said Helmut there is your moose it was about seven hundred yards from where we were.
We made a be line to the shore and I snuck up to the moose in about 1/2 an hour and as I got closer He was feeding in the shallow part of the lake, ever time he put he's head down to feed I would sneak closer. It was cool seeing the water running down he's antlers. Then about 70 yards I nail him in the heart and lung area, it took three shots from my 7mm winchester mag before he went down, I was using a 175 grain Federal soft point bullet.

Here is a link to photobucket http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff402/onehornbuck/

Sorry I for got to mention that all together we got 4 moose we could have easily taken 5 all together. but we wanted to start looking for caribou , but saw nothing legal.

hunter1947
12-12-2010, 02:52 AM
You and your friends did well on your moose hunt congrats to all..

AT&T
12-12-2010, 06:56 AM
congratulations on the moose. So was the water cold?

kennyj
12-12-2010, 09:16 AM
sounds like you had a great hunt. Congratulations on your first moose. Is the bull in your avatar the one?
kenny

gutpile
12-12-2010, 10:47 AM
The water wasn't that cold and yes that is the bull in my avatar.

d6dan
12-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Here is a link to photobucket http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff402/onehornbuck/

Wheres the moose pics?. Can't seem to find them..:?

Sitkaspruce
12-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Wheres the moose pics?. Can't seem to find them..:?

Ditto

Cheers

SS

gutpile
12-12-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok if you look to the right and look down and where it says sub-albums, just click below that should work.

d6dan
12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Ok if you look to the right and look down and where it says sub-albums, just click below that should work.

Found'em. :-D. Looks like a good moose. Congrats to you guys, but looks to be a little cold on the boys?.:shock:. Thanks for posting.