PDA

View Full Version : cow elk draw - Peace 7B

300mag
12-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Got this draw good to the end of Feb.. Must be on or within 200meters of private land. Anyone know of a farmer/land owner who has elk on their property and is open to a hunter taking one. Thanks.

GoatGuy
12-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Got this draw good to the end of Feb.. Must be on or within 200meters of private land. Anyone know of a farmer/land owner who has elk on their property and is open to a hunter taking one. Thanks.

Maybe read your LEH again. Don't think it stipulates that, but could be wrong. :confused:

Schmaus
12-11-2010, 04:53 PM
As long as you stay in 7-20A you don't have to be near private land. If you go into 7-22, 7-43, 7-44, Zone A of 7-45 and 7-58, then you need to be on or within 2000 meters of private land. I would suggest looking at the LEH regs to find out exactly where you can hunt.

shawnwells
12-11-2010, 05:22 PM
the ministry office in fort st john used to have a phone list for people with problem elk..give em a shout and see what they say..

bridger
12-11-2010, 05:26 PM
bring warm clothes just came back from the cabin. -26 and snowing. saw about a dozen cows and calves along the 95 road.

blindguy
12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I'll give you a pm the property we hunted a couple weeks ago had 150or so elk on it every morn.Sure they wouldn't mind.

knighthunter
12-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Big difference between 200 and 2000 meters.

Fixit
12-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Big difference between 200 and 2000 meters.

or a small typo

Caveman
12-11-2010, 09:24 PM
the ministry office in fort st john used to have a phone list for people with problem elk..give em a shout and see what they say..

I have a copy of the Producers List for LEH Elk from 2005

MuleyMadness
12-12-2010, 12:50 AM
I have one somewhere from last year, if you want to give a PM I can search around for it. It's not just private land...that is the open season that is already closed, your LEH is good for any land within 7-20a or within 2000m of private land in 7-22, 7-43, 7-44, Zone A of 7-45 and 7-58 (as was mentioned before).

Plenty of great people up there...I can honestly say, even though the hunting doesn't get into my 'all time best hunts' category, all the wonderful people I met, and spent time with (along with my three best buddies), make it my best hunting trip ever. Go, enjoy yourself, and don't be afraid of asking the landowners for access...everyone was as nice as the day is long.

charterman
12-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Yes, MOE has a list that they will give you with some numbers. Those people will sometimes send you to other land owners that have elk on their property too. That will get you started. Keep in mind that the elk move. I would suggest not putting any plans in stone with where you might be hunting. If you can, don't go until the weather is good and cold. That will make things a lot easier for you. Once up there, make your calls and be willing to travel. Chetwynd is a good place to start. Do not be afraid to knock on a door or two if you see a herd. More times than not you would be able to hunt there. My brother and his son had the draw in 07. We went when it was warmer, so we had to work for them a little. We started in Chetwynd and ended up Northeast of Fort St John. I am sure that my brother still has the number for the owner where we ended up getting our elk. He even came out with his tractor and hauled them off of the field and helped us skin and butcher them. Cheers, and good luck!