PDA

View Full Version : arrows

tarzan
12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
ok guys ,need some help selecting arrows and broadheads for my martin recurve. i have used some of my carbon from my compound but they are flying all over the place

Bowzone_Mikey
12-10-2010, 10:55 AM
some more info would be nice ... like draw lenth and peak draw weight would be usefull

Bow Walker
12-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah. What's the poundage that you're pulling? How long do you want the arrows to be?

Most use full length shafts for traditional shooting - about 30 inches or a bit longer. Typically you want a "heavy" arrow for traditional shooting, something in the 450 to 600 grains for a total arrow weight.

Most guys also use a heavy tip to get the flexibility back into a stiffer spined/heavy arrow. Usually at least 125 grains, or more.

Also - most guys use feathers, rather than plastic/rubberized fletching on their shafts. Feathers are much more forgiving as they curve/flex around the riser of recurve bows. I wonder if that's your problem with your current arrows?

pale rider
12-10-2010, 12:03 PM
ok guys ,need some help selecting arrows and broadheads for my martin recurve. i have used some of my carbon from my compound but they are flying all over the place
i found some good ones on a site called all wood arrows,hes very helpfull,if you e,mail and tell him your requirments.good luck mate

Bow Walker
12-10-2010, 12:08 PM
If you're after wood arrows you might try this guy...

http://www.hexshaftarrows.com/

tarzan
12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
my bow s draw weight is 50 lbs @ 30" . i have talked to some guys and recommended using feathered fletches will keep the arrows from flying irregular as they leave the rest.

Bow Walker
12-10-2010, 04:39 PM
my bow s draw weight is 50 lbs @ 30" . i have talked to some guys and recommended using feathered fletches will keep the arrows from flying irregular as they leave the rest.

What are the specs of the carbon arrows that you are using from your compound bow? Are they feathered or fletched? How long are they? What's the spine?

You may not have to buy new/different arrows at all.