PDA

View Full Version : Night Flite

Dutch
12-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Well last night decided I had to go check out my sumas fields for sign.Met Kudu and sold him my last used dekes then headed out to check my corn fields.Wow nothing ,seen or even moving.Decided I would set up anyway as the wind was up and down so about 3pm mojo was out along with my 10 real motion dekes and we waited.High pair came by gave them a blast on ol RNT and down they came on a string ,to about 75 yds. then they didn't like something ,maybe mojo sounding like a cat loader as it tumbled around,looked back over my shoulder 3 mallards over the dekes got the greenie let the 2 hens go.Next high flock about 40 gave them a high ball flock broke in half turned came around and over the tree I had built my blind under ,first shot down came the greenie and about 25 limbs and twigs ,the brown dog looked at me quizzacally then took off after the greenie.Thats the way it went by 4:10 6 drakes and 2 hens all finished but watched 3 flocks of widgeon come right in on the dekes and they didn't spook .Sitting there I could see hwy.#1 and thought wow this good this close what a day .Have had some really good shoots this year but this one was special, anniversary of my old partners and I 's last shoot together..:wink:

Kudu
12-09-2010, 05:59 PM
WOW - Sounds like you had a great afternoon.

Thanks again for the dekes, they are swimming around on my pool - and driving the dog nuts.

If you remember - send me the information we spoke about.

longshot
12-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a great shoot! How was the weather in your area today. Down here in Victoria its been raining real hard all day.

Ya my dad and I broke the law of scouting a few times on goose hunting. Check on a feild for WEEKS and nothing, ask the farmer and he's seen nothing, but we set up the next weekend anyways and end up hauling out like 6 honkers or something.

Congrats!

Longshot jr.

Dutch
12-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Yes,was in Victoria yesterday and tuesday nice weather, lots of standing out the valley water and the birds not moving until late unlike before.Sometimes just have to gamble if it works great if not well it was still a good day the dog gets to play in the ditch lolo .:mrgreen:

nano
12-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Sounds like you were having fun. I hunt sumas alot and this field sounds familiar, is it the one just off of the sumas u.s.a exit?

Dutch
12-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Sorry Nano didn't see you're question no I'm up aways off the Whatcom road couple of farms down.Gonna try my Delta connection after the weekend :wink:

nano
12-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Sounds good dutch, we hunt a corn Field just off of the sumas exit.