PDA

View Full Version : The Party's Over

Mountaintop
12-09-2010, 03:01 PM
As of this morning I am tagged out. With tomorrow being the end of deer season here I have been out every moment I could spare when it wasn’t dumping rain. This morning I spotted a little buck and took him with a 35 yard shot with my crossbow. It was the longest shot I have taken but he gave me a broadside, the conditions were perfect and I was using my best arrow. Hit him just behind the front leg and got both lungs and the heart. He dropped in about 20 yards. I searched hard but could not find my arrow. I guess I’ll call it a sacrifice to the hunting gods in thanks for a good season

I don’t know if it has been beginner’s luck or what but my first hunting season has been better than I had ever expected. I’ve made a lot of mistakes but learned a lot, enjoyed being outside, read some great stories here on the forum and really had a lot of fun. Plus there will be some good eats for a long time.

I want to thank everyone who answered my newbie questions and shared their wisdom, experience and stories on the forum. I feel quite proud of myself being able to put some healthy meat on the table in a way I never did before. I can hardly wait until next year.

Chef
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
congrats! good luck in years to come as well.

rocksteady
12-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Congrats on a successful season....

See if you can't borrow a metal detector from someone, so that you can find your bolt...They are expensive too lose...

savagecanuck
12-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Congrats on the succesfull bow hunt.Even with a crossbow its not as easy as everyone thinks.You have to be a good judge of disdance.I have tomorrow off and will be going for my muley .