PDA

View Full Version : Bow tuning tools

RoscoeP
12-08-2010, 02:57 PM
I like to putter and do certain things myself. I figure my time is not wasted so I don't care if I take 3 hours to do something a guy at the shop will do in 1/2 hour. They have to get onto the next job and sometimes they do things the quick easy way, maybe not the best way.
I have a bow square and not much else. I bought a long bolt today that I can screw into my stabilizer hole then clamp the bolt in a vise so I can work on it. What I really would like is a string level and a level you can hang on your arrow, also one of those string separator tools.
Anyone know a good place to order this kind of stuff from.
I also noticed in my bow instructions that it said if my bow is put in a bow press to back off the limbs 5 full turns first. That is the max and should put the bow at 45lbs there.(3 lb per turn) Is that required with all bows?
Any other suggestions for bow tools? Thanks for all the good advise guys and gals. Cheers Roscoe ps. got my traditional arrows for my recurve today from 3 Rivers Archery, they are a thing of beauty:-D

Bow Walker
12-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Roscoe - try phoning the two sponsors here that carry archery equipment. See if they have what you're after. Grouse River in Kelowna, and Omineca in Vanderhoof.

Other than that you're limited to buying online. PM on the way...

bowhunterbruce
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Roscoe - try phoning the two sponsors here that carry archery equipment. See if they have what you're after. Grouse River in Kelowna, and Omineca in Vanderhoof.

Other than that you're limited to buying online. PM on the way...
a little corecttion on the sponcers,now there is also hardcore archery in kelowna as well and any of the guys there can help ya with all your archery needs.

Ron.C
12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
-if you haven't already got one, pick up an arrow fletching jig. Big waste of time and money to pay someones else to fletch arrows for you

- a set of nock point pliers

- I paper tune my bow, so I built a nice little frame for tuning

- good set of allen keys

- a serving jig so you can serv in yor own peeps, and other items

- you can buy them, but I built a set of arrow rollers. It amazes me how bad some brand new arrows can be. I shoot carbons like most and you can get "quality" arrows that will not tune because they are not straight. I actually bring these with me when I buy arrows now. You get some funny looks for shop owners/clerks, but why throw money away on junk. And they don't have much of an argument when one or two of them have a distict wobble on one end.

Bowzone_Mikey
12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Press
fletch jig
loop pliers
string separator
arrow saw
Bow vice
Hex keys
bow square
serving material
bic lighter
waxed dental floss
metric cresent wrench ;)
grain scale
bow scale
Chronometer
target butt

with everything listed there you can do anything you will ever want except build a string and cable set (that is voodoo magic)

Bow Walker
12-10-2010, 11:46 AM
a little corecttion on the sponcers,now there is also hardcore archery in kelowna as well and any of the guys there can help ya with all your archery needs.

Oops! My bad. I totally overlooked the one "dedicated" archery shoppe!

Sorry about that.