PDA

View Full Version : hunt of a life time.

geno
12-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Im wondering if we have a organization like hunt of a life time here in BC. http://huntofalifetime.org

bowhunterbruce
12-08-2010, 03:46 AM
not to my knowledge,but from the look of thier website there does appear to be a few ambassadors here in canada.mayby try contacting them to see if they have anyone here in our province.
it looks like its a worldwide organization with lots of good support.
a great cause and would get great reviews from many of the hunting shows out thier.
maybe someone here in bc could be a hunter host to a kid.just a thought:-D
bhb

12-08-2010, 06:15 AM
What a cool thing to help with.
Imagine one of your own kids facing the challenges these youngsters face.
This should be a no brainer, I'm no outfitter for big game but do charters for fishing locally and would do this at the drop of a hat.

CT

TimberPig
12-08-2010, 08:38 AM
maybe someone here in bc could be a hunter host to a kid.just a thought:-D
bhb

Unfortunately, only if they are a Canadian or a close relation if not a Canadian would this work. We aren't allowed to use a permit to accompany for "non-resident aliens" as defined in the regs if they aren't close relatives.

digger dogger
12-08-2010, 08:44 AM
x2 curly, I would dive on a chance too get a cat for a one of these kids!

The story about Matt brought tears to my eyes.

AT&T
12-08-2010, 09:55 AM
A person could always call the make a wish foundation here in BC. They do alot of good work with kids. I found them great work with.

Rod
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Hunt of a Lifetime does work with guides in BC, the outfitter I worked for in Quesnel donates a hunt every year and I have offered my guide services at no charge for these kids.. Not sure if the Canadian Make a Wish foundation would be very supportive of something as politically incorrect and barbaric as hunting but it sure couldn't hurt to ask,