PDA

View Full Version : Late Season White tail in Region 8

Dad and son
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I am considering going out for a bow hunt for White tail before the season closes. I live in Vancouver and would come up for one and a half days. I am an inexperienced bow hunter and deer hunter. I have not shot any animals with a bow before. I would appreciate some suggestions on areas or forest service roads I could check out for white tail. Thanks

savagecanuck
12-07-2010, 10:59 PM
WT are pretty spooked with all the recent activity.Unless you know a specific area and have a blind or stand I would not bother.Theres is still lots of desperados out road hunting them and with a bow good luck

GoatGuy
12-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Always lots of deer in the Christian Valley.

It's snowing right now, already a bit of snow, so deer should be down low and stacked up half decent.

That kind of time isn't much, but it's better than sitting at home. :wink:

Lee
12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Make sure you know your bow inside and out before you go hunting with it....

gutpile
01-10-2011, 01:41 AM
Make sure you know your bow inside and out before you go hunting with it....
Now that's funny ! .... My cousin's son got a new bow practised for about a week, then went deer hunting with only one arrow and shot his first deer with the bow. His first ever bow hunt and that was a three point black tail deer go figure. In region 2-04 it also took him only about an half an hour in his hunt before he dropped his deer.

beni
01-10-2011, 02:31 AM
Now that's funny ! .... My cousin's son got a new bow practised for about a week, then went deer hunting with only one arrow and shot his first deer with the bow. His first ever bow hunt and that was a three point black tail deer go figure. In region 2-04 it also took him only about an half an hour in his hunt before he dropped his deer.

horseshoe up the arse? :mrgreen:

Congrats to him