PDA

View Full Version : Coyotes and Rabbits...

mungojeerie
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I live in Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge area and am looking for a place that I can do some coyote hunting and possibly some rabbit hunting, preferably somewhere within an hours drive.

Any suggestions?

HIGHRPM
12-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I am also looking for a close by rabbit area and the only info I have received is around the Harrison Lake area ?? :confused:

seanps
12-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Me three (for rabbits). I hear just past Manning Park is good.

darrin6109
12-22-2010, 09:18 PM
just make sure your're very very quiet while hunting wabbits

mungojeerie
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Just past manning park? If I'm going to drive that far it's going to be for deer or coyotes or chickens... that's awfully far for rabbits. besides I'm not too sure how great that area would be anyway... I was hoping for something more local. In my experiences rabbits have always been best in areas with a mix of farm/field and shrubs. Ive seen lots of rabbits in Delta, just not sure if there is a public area where you can hunt them.

sparkes3
12-22-2010, 10:15 PM
too far for rabbits but good for chickens,not much difference if you ask me.
you asked for info then you ridicule him on the info he gave you,thats not gonna get you very far on here

mungojeerie
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
too far for rabbits but good for chickens,not much difference if you ask me.
you asked for info then you ridicule him on the info he gave you,thats not gonna get you very far on here

Whoa.. Im not ridiculing anyone... if thats the way it reads to you, Im sorry, not my intention. I did say I was looking for somewhere within an hours drive, past manning park is more than double that.

And personally I much prefer chickens to rabbit, so for ME I would be willing to travel further for chickens than rabbits.

Any info on the topic is welcomed..

sparkes3
12-23-2010, 07:51 PM
there are lots of areas that are good for rabbits and chickens i dont usually target either one specifically but will take either or when im out hunting deer /moose/bear or whatever,i have seen lots of chickens up around harrison but not to many bunnies .
you should be able to find some private land around maple ridge for grouse.squamish will probally have grouse aswell

buck nash
12-23-2010, 08:21 PM
Richmond auto mall is crawling with rabbits. All you need is a bag of carrots and a dip net:mrgreen:. My 3 year old son and I have caught a few this way.

HIGHRPM
12-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I finally realized what I had living in Saskatoon for so long. Everything I wanted to hunt was almost next door, rabbit, ruffies, sharptails, duck, geese,mule and whitetail deer, antlope, moose. And no bear or cat hunting me while I was hunting. It is super here, but boy it was great back there, a good memory. Need to find some rabbits and ruffies !! And learn how to climb mountains with my tierd body, lol.

elkdom
12-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I spotted several rabbits and a couple of coyotes about 170 klms South West of Tumbler Ridge the other day,,,,

its a long drive buttttttttttttt ?
your welcome to them! :wink:

slyfox
12-24-2010, 06:30 AM
Start talking to farmer,s around your area if there are blackberry bush,s on the farms there will be rabbits. From were you live to abbotsford there are ton,s of farm,s that will hold cottontail rabbit,s.If you start asking for permission on farm,s start with the coyote hunting farmer,s hate them then ask about the rabbit,s. P.S just after manning park has lot,s of snowshoe hair rabbits hope this helps.