PDA

View Full Version : rutting and shedding

Buckmeister
12-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Did a little scouting today to see what was still in the area for Mulies. Saw a 3x3 tailing a doe pretty hard, so I guess some ruttin is still going on. Then I saw a 2 point, literally, he was only carrying his left side. So either he dropped it already or maybe lost it in a fight or something.

Cyrus
12-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Seen quite a few beat up smaller bucks last weekend...in fact one may have been a 4 point at one time but he was all busted up....probably saved his life....The guy doing all the beat downs was shot about 30 seconds before I would have had a crack at him! Overall I saw a ton of 1 antlered bucks this year, 1 good side and a little point on the other....definitely the more than usual! I last hunted on Tues and saw a few smaller non-shooter bucks chasing does.

Buckmeister
12-05-2010, 06:25 PM
This buck wasn't to far away from me and I got a real good look through the binos, but I couldn't see any stub or broken tine or anything, his right side was completly gone.

Also came across some areas where a deer had stood and bled a bit. Saw this a few times and the locations where far from each other. Do does bleed when they are in heat or are getting mounted for the 1st time??? I know that bucks can bleed when they have an antler drop, but it seems way too early for that. Maybe it was from a buck that was injured from a fight as I have seen that before.