PDA

View Full Version : hunting inside the city!

bobboa
12-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Well this morning I ended up staying home because one of my sons is sick and while watching Cartoons with him; I notice a couple of guys in a pickup truck chasing deer in the empty field behind my house. They are well within the city limits and a no hunting zone for crossbows/bows. They push all of the does back towards a busy street and then drive around them. The does thinking they are safe stop at the edge of the field and one of the guys gets out of the truck and shoots them with a crossbow while standing on a busy road.

I am watching them from my living room with my binoculars and could not get a licence plate. They load the doe into the truck and then head behind a row of houses to do the skinning/gutting. What they did not realize is that the Mounties were en-route.

I am new to the hunting scene again but this just seemed like a blatantly lazy group of hunters with no respect for the sport and regulations/laws. We have numerous does in the rural area of town that they could have harvested.

(If we were able to harvest them I would have had a beautiful four point that is always on my front lawn every morning.)

Its acts like these that paint a bad picture of us to the non-hunters.:evil:

Just my rant...you may agree; you may not...

GoatGuy
12-05-2010, 11:26 AM
get the license plate # and call the cos.

kishman
12-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Did the Mounties catch up with them?

bobboa
12-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Oh ya.... I forgot to post that the mountie did catch up with them and was calling out the CO. I know the CO quite well and will call him later this week to get an update.

heyblast
12-05-2010, 11:35 AM
You are a hunter, you took the responsiblity to do the right thing. They are not hunters, thier poachers.

~T-BONE~
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Good on ya.. Rules and regs are there for a reason...

Iltasyuko
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Chumps - ..hope something comes out of it with the CO.

blacktailslayer
12-05-2010, 11:45 AM
That is unbelievable!!