PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Year Of The Two Point (Video)

Tenaka
12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
Well 2010 has come to an end. Weve enjoyed checking out everyones posts both big and small for the past few months. After our second season of living and hunting in Region 8, myself and Gunner Staal thought we would share a quick video of some parts of our year. We really busted our ass over the past few months. Hiking, biking, driving you name it. After an unsuccesful 4 point season with some narrow misses, we both decided it was time to give bow hunting a shot. The last few weeks have been great, with numbers into the 70's, 80's and above of mule deer everyday. Little Danny had taken two bucks at the front and back ends of youth season so the pressure was on to produce. We passed up on multiple deer as time went on, but being down to our last weekend we decided that anything with bone was coming home.

December 3rd brought one of the best hunting days either of us have ever had. On approach to our stands, a nice two point decided to show his face at the base of the tree I was trying to climb. A nice stalk in heavy fog and morning light soon led to my first bow kill. Im now totally converted.

A quick dressing job and we were back on the trail. Doe after Doe after Doe was spotted all afternoon, but not a buck to be found. Finally, last light brought on another two point sighting and the stalk was on. After some cat and mouse, a shot presented itself at 30 yards and down went our teams 4th two point of the season at the hands of Gunner Staal. I must say, we deserve every point we got this year. Even if it takes a s$%^ load of adding to get what most would consider a trophy deer. A great season with great friends and were proud of what we harvested in 2010. They can only get bigger from here.

Have a peek at the video for a taste of our season. Happy Hunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AmBre9rr3Y

blacktail_junkie
12-05-2010, 01:31 AM
Thanks for the video, enjoyed it.

Gunner Staal
12-05-2010, 01:32 AM
Great season Tenaka. What can you do buddy. We put our time in this year. First bow kill was a blast. As proud of that one as any ive taken. Next year will be bigger and better.

Gunner Staal
12-05-2010, 01:43 AM
Just thought id add......Tenakas deer (one on the left at the end) has the most white tail looking face....for a muley...that ive ever seen.

kennyj
12-05-2010, 06:09 AM
Great video. Really enjoyed it.
kenny

hunter1947
12-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Thanks for sharing ,great video http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif..

Iltasyuko
12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Great video - well done.

pnbrock
12-05-2010, 08:17 AM
great watch got anymore?

Wrayzer
12-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Great video guys, well done.

rocksteady
12-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Great Video.....Successful hunt with your boy....Does not get any better than that....

2 points are fine eating, much more filling than tag soup...:mrgreen:

doubled
12-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Awesome video, great work on that piece. Well done boys, wanna follow me around and create a piece for me???

Gunner Staal
12-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Im thinking about starting a business......you hire me to follow you around, I will make a smokin video of your season that youll have forever. All for the low low discount price of....your best 4 point honey hole. Good deal??? Lol! Thanks for the comments fellas

troutseeker
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Sweet vids guys! Now I know why that quad was always in the back of his truck at work...

HIGHRPM
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Great vid ! Just to see the young boys face was priceless. In moving to BC. that is one of my biggest losses as my son never had any interest to hunt, sports was his thing. People I found in Vancouver really didn't like hunters, big difference from the prairies. So I also stopped to give him my time as a father should. I need to hunt again, time is running out. Your video for me is very heart felt, I love it. Keeep him hunting !!!!

Skeena Shooter
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Great video guys! Nice deer!

AT&T
12-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Well 2010 has come to an end. Weve enjoyed checking out everyones posts both big and small for the past few months. After our second season of living and hunting in Region 8, myself and Gunner Staal thought we would share a quick video of some parts of our year. We really busted our ass over the past few months. Hiking, biking, driving you name it. After an unsuccesful 4 point season with some narrow misses, we both decided it was time to give bow hunting a shot. The last few weeks have been great, with numbers into the 70's, 80's and above of mule deer everyday. Little Danny had taken two bucks at the front and back ends of youth season so the pressure was on to produce. We passed up on multiple deer as time went on, but being down to our last weekend we decided that anything with bone was coming home.

December 3rd brought one of the best hunting days either of us have ever had. On approach to our stands, a nice two point decided to show his face at the base of the tree I was trying to climb. A nice stalk in heavy fog and morning light soon led to my first bow kill. Im now totally converted.

A quick dressing job and we were back on the trail. Doe after Doe after Doe was spotted all afternoon, but not a buck to be found. Finally, last light brought on another two point sighting and the stalk was on. After some cat and mouse, a shot presented itself at 30 yards and down went our teams 4th two point of the season at the hands of Gunner Staal. I must say, we deserve every point we got this year. Even if it takes a s$%^ load of adding to get what most would consider a trophy deer. A great season with great friends and were proud of what we harvested in 2010. They can only get bigger from here.

Have a peek at the video for a taste of our season. Happy Hunting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AmBre9rr3Y

I am suprised you got that close the the deer considering how loud you had Zeppelin playing. Good video guys. You had fun.