PDA

View Full Version : Fish and Game Clubs in the Lower Mainland

wetcoaster
06-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I am looking to join a F&G club in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley with my wife. I figure it's about time I had some insurance being recently married, want to start shooting more regularly and also want to connect with other hunters that I can pick up a thing or two from etc.. I live in South Surrey and know that there is the Semiahmoo club in the area (anyone out there belong to the club) but see on the home page that there isn't a centerfire range. I am looking for some pros and cons from those that are members of clubs or have tried ranges of clubs in the area.

pupper
06-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I am a new member at the fish and game club I just went on saturday and shot at the range. They also have a 3-D archery range and target range.

It was 80 bucks for membership, 10 bucks for initiation and then I Joined the archery club as well

as far as Insurance goes, you should get some proper life insurance. this might sound biased as I am a liscenced life agent but seriously use some one else if you want just get the proper amount of life insurance.(usually 10x annual income or double your liabilities)

hopefully this post isnt taken as a life insurance ad:eek:. sorry if it does but I suggest joining the club its great I wish I joined years ago to enjoy the convienence of using a rifle in town:-D.

Pupper

Steeleco
06-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Check out the "links" tab at the top of the page. In there you'll find lots of links to all sorts of things. There is a tab for shooting clubs. There are more than the three listed such as Langley, Abbostford, Squamish.

I shoot at Ridgedale, great club, about the cheapest as I recall, and you can get quite involved should you choose. The people I meet there are alway friendly.

ryanb
06-06-2006, 05:37 PM
There is also the Port Coquitlam club. Probably about the same distance, or closer than the abbotsford club to your location.

pupper
06-12-2006, 03:13 PM
I shot at the mission rod and gun club's range on sunday. Man, that is a nice range. alot nicer gun range than abby fish and game. They have fixed target stands and a long range. At abby you have to find a rickey sign board and try to fit it in a sign holder type thing than you walk it out on the range that isnt even 200 yds long. Mission also has a rubber tire at 200yds with a metal plate in the middle to shoot at.

wetcoaster
06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks everybody,

It sounds like the mission club has one of the best ranges around I'll look into it.

Radar
06-12-2006, 03:52 PM
I am a member at Mission and it has awesome ranges, I did live in Abby and changed ranges, man was I glad when I changed back to Mission, like night and day when you compare ranges.

mainland hunter
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
i was a member at mission as well, its a bit of a drive but they have the nicest rifle range IMO