PDA

View Full Version : Carbon arrows

chevy
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I have been shooting carbon 60-75 arrows and someone told me i should switch from the 60-75 arrows to 300's or 340's what is the difference in these arrows and my bow is set at about 74lbs any suggestions and what do you think of the easton firstcut broadheads that is what i use 100gr firstcuts are they any good i just got them and i was wondering if anyone has used them thanks guys

swamper
06-05-2006, 09:52 PM
My advice to you, after shooting a few different brands of carbons, is to go with the Goldtip 7595's. They are properly spined for your bow and extremely durable. I have had nothing but trouble with the PSE/Carbon Force arrows. They just don't stand up, and besides, 300's are too light to be shooting out of a 74 lb bow. As for the broadheads, my personal choice are the G5 Montecs. They are a fixed 3 blade made from a single piece of stainless steel. Once again very durable and easily resharpened, no having to replace blades.
My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

Triggerman
06-05-2006, 10:54 PM
I use Easton Carbons and I second the recommendation for the G5 Montec braodheads. They are awesome and you can sharpen them again and again.

willyqbc
06-05-2006, 11:43 PM
i'll back what Swamper said 100%.....can't go wrong with a goldtip and a G5. I have personally shot this combo out of my hunting bow at 74#'s with no problems whatsoever.

Chris

pupper
06-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I tried carbon force and gold tips, and I agree with willyqbc and swamper to stick with Goldtips.
I just ordered the g5 montecs from their recomendation as well.

Pupper

Bow Walker
06-06-2006, 05:35 PM
I have shot both, GT's and PSE's (carbon force). My advice? DO NOT GO WITH CARBON FORCE, PSE X-WEAVE OR ANYTHING THAT IS ASSOCIATED WITH pse ARROWS. They have a notoriously weak and susceptible nock-end that splits if another arrow even thinks about coming close to it. Seriously.

I have gone back to GT's exclusively. For my setup I shoot the 5575's with 100 grain Razorcaps.

http://www.razorcaps.com

You might want to have a look at them, but the G5 Montec is highly spoken of around here. Personally I would probably be happy with either the G5 or the Razorcap. I just happen to shoot the Razprcap and I love it.

oldtimer
06-07-2006, 02:47 PM
chevy I have some 7595"s that came with a bow i bought. Let me know if you might be interested and how long they have to be. Mike

chevy
06-08-2006, 02:00 PM
my arrow lengths are 26 inches

Bow Walker
06-08-2006, 02:45 PM
Seems a tad short for an arrow length chevy, are you measuring from the bottom of the "U" in the nock to the end of the insert at the front end of your arrow?? Silly question but I thought I should ask because once htey are cut it is hard to put them back together again. Sounds like Humpty, eh?

oldtimer
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Chevy my arrows are ( using bowwalkers specs ) 28 3/4 " that is from the nocking point to the insert ( minus the tip ) I have 7 of them that have been taking up space in my cabinet. Where do you live ?? I would sell them for a good price . let me know. you can always trim the nock end. Mike

The 'Hummer'
06-08-2006, 05:52 PM
My advice to you, after shooting a few different brands of carbons, is to go with the Goldtip 7595's. They are properly spined for your bow and extremely durable. I have had nothing but trouble with the PSE/Carbon Force arrows. They just don't stand up, and besides, 300's are too light to be shooting out of a 74 lb bow. As for the broadheads, my personal choice are the G5 Montecs. They are a fixed 3 blade made from a single piece of stainless steel. Once again very durable and easily resharpened, no having to replace blades.
My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

I'll have to try some Goldtip's. In carbon, pretty all I've ever used is PSE Comp Pro 300's as that what my buddy with a shop in Sherwood Park got me started on. I haven't had any significant problems with them. I'm using a Hoyt CyberTec set @ 65 lbs for hunting. Oh, I'm also using 100gr 3 blade Muzzy's. May be up your way early Oct., Bowron Lake. May see you then.

Elkaholic
06-09-2006, 10:42 AM
I have to say I am a novice bow hunter but I have been using Radial X weaves, STL Hunters, and they have proven to be very very stong arrows for me. I have missed many a 3d target and hit all sorts of junk and they continue to hold up for me. Only time I have had them blow is when I hit a boulder head on. Other than that I have had some pretty bad misses and my arrow still holds up. Just my 2 cents