PDA

View Full Version : Dec 3, Boundary Bay

NitwiT
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna go sit in boundary bay and play with my decoys and calls, I will be around 64th, to the east of it. Not sure where exactly, cuz I fiddle with my spread a bit. Anyone headed out that way is welcome to come say hi!

Mark

ps. yeah, it's supposed to be Dec 4, not third..

rburm
12-03-2010, 09:03 PM
what time are you heading out? need a tag along?

NitwiT
12-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Like the post says, any one coming over to say hi is more than welcome, I do not gaurantee anything when I go out, my calling blows, I mostly spend my day tweaking stuff, last time out, I decoyed one bird in. I just go out and enjoy the day!

Fixit
12-03-2010, 10:51 PM
if i wasnt just two days out of shoulder surgery i would be inclined to join you, never been out duck hunting before.
maybe next time

NitwiT
12-04-2010, 07:18 AM
hope you get better soon Fixit!

aliagha
12-04-2010, 11:09 AM
so how was your trip.?

NitwiT
12-04-2010, 05:55 PM
wellllllllll.......... ended up having quite a few opportunities, rburm joined me , or rather, I joined him since he got there first, and we set up togethor. Had a nice chat, and we both missed an easy pair of mallard drakes rather early. He had to leave at 9:30, so I figured I should stay till I could come out with something. However, I seemed to be shooting slugs today, not even a wing hit/clip. Rather embarrassing. I had some success calling to a mallard hen that was lonely, but for the most part, when I call, ducks seem to accelerate in the opposite direction.

All in all, wonderful day, super warm, and can't wait to get out again. Maybe meet someone else :D

Mark

rburm
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
that was a beautiful morning, incredible sunrise for sure!! We had one opportunity on a couple of drake mallards, to no avail, lol. must have been the sun in our eyes!!

Good to meet you Mark, we will be most definitely be out again. check your PM

aliagha
12-04-2010, 06:43 PM
i hunt in the canoe pass and boundary bay area and what i have experienced is that birds seem to come in low and in good numbers is when there is rainy/windy weather or high tide, never had much success on warm/sunny days or a day after the rain.

NitwiT
12-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Roger that on the high tide and lousy weather, Kastles and I used to hunt Brunswick Pt a lot, always had a lot of ducks to shoot at. I'm trying to scrounge up a boat decent enough to get me across Canoe pass, atm all I have is a 8' inflatable dinghy called a Fish Hunter :S