PDA

View Full Version : Finally Here!!

Dale
06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Well I finally arrived in BC from MB! Haven't been able to write for awhile, no internet. I am stationed in the Liard region as a Park Ranger. What a gorgeous place. Here for the summer then its down to the island for the winter. So I have one question, is there an online downloadable form of the core manual that I can have a peek at before I challenge the exam? i want to get it out of the way as soon as possible. Any info would be great. If anyone is up this way to check out the hotsprings or to hunt bears for now, pop in and say hi. Thanks DALE

Bow Walker
06-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Dale.............PM Blacktail on this site (he's in the members list) for some information.

He is a C.O.R.E. examiner here in Victoria. He should be able to help you out.

Welcome "home".

Dan.

steveo32
06-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey dale i guide for chris shippmenn so i will definatly run into you at the hot springs this summer i will be up there aug. 1st!!! Hope to meet you

steve

p.s. congrats on the move and yes that country you are working in is something else!!!

bighornbob
06-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I beieve you have to a resident for 6 months before you can write the core.

Welcome to BC

BHB

BCLongshot
06-05-2006, 07:04 PM
:p Ya I'm sure you have to be a Res. for 6 months. Welcome ! You must be a good guy your name is Dale.

Blacktail
06-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Dale

Welcome to BC!!:-D
In order to obtain a resident hunting licence you need to be a resident in BC for the greater portion of the 6 months immediately preceeding your obtaining of that licence.
If you have taken another province or state hunter training course and can prove it, you may not need to take the BC CORE course.

That being said if you are wanting to take a course or wanting to challenge the exam I have a few courses scheduled throughout the year or if you want you can come over and write the exam in my kitchen one night.I am located in Victoria.
I don't know of any online CORE book that is out there but if you would like I could mail one to you for a nominal fee and it might be cheaper to do it that way than get it from somewhere else as I order them in bulk and get a better rate from the BCWF.

Let me know what you would like to do and we can go from there

MB_Boy
06-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Dale

If you have taken another province or state hunter training course and can prove it, you may not need to take the BC CORE course.

Dale....congrats on making the move. If you have your Hunter Safety Card from MB I believe it is enough.

GoatGuy
06-07-2006, 05:34 AM
As mentioned above it (previous training) should be transferrable + the test is super easy if you have to take it.

You'll find that you also have a couple of avid hunters who are also 'Parkies' that hunt in your part of the country. You should be able to get a non-res license for this year if somebody's willing to sponsor you.

Elkhound
06-07-2006, 10:46 AM
Welcome Dale, you will enjoy it here