PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Force Arrows

RoscoeP
12-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Well I just bought 2 dozen Carbon Force arrows. I didn't get them cut yet as I don't have the bow(tomorrow I hope). I want to get it set up with the D-loop and rest and have my arrow length measured while I draw the bow etc.
Anybody else use these arrows, how are they for accurracy, durability etc?
I got the 200"s as my bow is 60 lb. max. I also noticed that some of the brands numbers mean the opposite ie. stiff/weak Cheers Roscoe

Ike
12-03-2010, 09:19 AM
The Carbon Force 200s are a .400" spine and should be good with a 60# bow. I use the same arrow at 27" on my Axe 6 at 60# and like them.
I have found the wrapped construction to be a lot more durable than regular construction, especially if you hit a tree or other non-intended hard object. (oops)
Accuracy - I have found them accurate out to 80m, I have 11 (had a dozen til a 'robin hood' at 40m). The first one is fun but shoot spots now rather than groups because they are so expensive. I had my arrow groups touching out to 60m yesterday, and broadhead groups show great accuracy as well.
These are light fast arrows at something like 7.2gr/inch for the shaft.

Hope that helps,
Cheers

Bow Walker
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Yup - arrow spines aren't standardized yet and can be quite confusing. CF arrows are good ones. Shoot with confidence.

Ike
12-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Forgot to mention that with the wrapped construction the spine is consistent all around, so you don't have to worry about an overlap seam.

RoscoeP
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info, I have lots of confidence in them now. Cheers