PDA

View Full Version : bozzdrywalls 2010 season

bozzdrywall
11-30-2010, 07:34 PM
First off i would like to say hi to everyone. I have not had the net in a long time and its few and far between the times that i do get on here. So hello all. Here is my 2010 season.

It starts off with some early season archery elk. With bulls every were the chances were good but the elk are smarter than me and the bow season ended as quick as it had started with a few close calls on some small 5x5s and a real nice 5x6 with a 18'' sticker off the right side. But i just could not close the distance and make a shot happen.
So sept. 9 6:00 pm me and a good friend roll into elk camp for an opening morning hunt in the same spot i got luck last year on opening day. We get to camp and are met by my ex hunting partner and his friend. The meeting was a little hostile. The ex hunting partner was quite mad that i was going into the same spot as last year even though i was the one that showed him the spot in years prior. Not wanting to start a fight with someone who is drunk and acting like a child me and my friend decide to sleep in the truck closer to the slide we were going to hunt.
5:00am alarm is ringing and iam already wating to go. I step out of the truck and start to load the thunder stick and get the gear ready for the days trip. When who drives by but the EX. He stops and chats for a bit asking me how long iam going to be in the area. My reply was (Only till i shoot my bull then iam gone.) I did also offer to help him pack if he was lucky enough to connect that morning. Off we went through some thick alders and to the ridge we were going to spend the better part of the morning. We get set up and confortable and the wait begins. At around 7:15am we start a calling sequince witch last only a short while. We sit for what seems like for ever and BULL out around 500yrds just standing there out of thin air. As my friend sets up the spotting scope to do the count I line up and range find him, 465yrds broad side looking right at us. I keep asking is he 6? is he 6? my friend says shoot he is good and with that i let thunder roll BANG he rears up good hit he says hit him again so thinking that i dont want to wreck anymore meat i put the cross hairs on his neck and let thunder roll one last time BANG down he goes right in his tracks. After some high 5s and some congrats from the friend we head to the truck to get the packs and the gutting gear. Guess who shows up after hearing the shots. The EX he asks did you get one? And my reply was kind of smart assed ( Of course I did i told you i would not be hear long) Then I ask him so are you going to give me a hand? He laughs at me and drives off. O well not like he helped me last year. Off we go two hours later and 2 packs each we have the meat in the truck and crack the first of many beers that day.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs657.snc4/61687_474640956074_659196074_7132020_2021478_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7797865&id=659196074)

bozzdrywall
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Now the rest of the season. With my elk hunting over with early I decide to hunt high for monster mule deer. I hike every chance i get and see lots of legal 4x4s but no monster. Untill one day all by myself 4 hours from the truck fog blowing in and clearing off just as fast, I spot the one i want from 1000+ yrds out. The stalk was on every 100yrds or so I would stop let the fog clear and take another look at this 170-180 class deer he was just feeding out on the slide with some sheep and a few does and a couple small bucks. It took forever to close the gap to 600yrds and i was out of cover and the fog was gone for the day or so I thought. I get set up for the shot and wait and wait and wait some more. I thought to myself 600yrds thats a far shot up hill on a small kill zone. I ended up talking myself out of the shot and trying to get closer. Belly crawling up hill on rocks and over the odd piece of wood is not a fun thing to do or that quiet for that matter. DAM the buck seen or heard me and is moving off now so i set up again and wait some more. He is comming closer great time to get thunder ready. I line up and wait for the shot I want he is only 350ish yrds out now. Out of no were the fog rolls in again and this time its too thick to see the end of your nose. When it lifts it seems to have taken the buck with it. 2 more hours are spent glassing and looking for the buck but no luck. Tail between my legs I head back to the truck. The rest of mule deer season did not go much better no luck on the big one. O well wt season is just around the corner.

bozzdrywall
11-30-2010, 08:08 PM
Ok now for the white tail. I have to keep this one short. Hunt hard day in and day out with only small bucks nothing really worth shooting. On nov. 28 last day for me to hunt. I decide to check out this spot close to town on the way up i see a huge buck i mean 150+ but on someones land. I watch the big 6x9 wt chase does around like i was not even there. I see the buck leave and go up this ridge toward the fence line so i fly up the road hopeing to get a chance. As i come up the hill i see his tail and rack disapere into the timber. So i sit for a bit and decide to go for a walk in the direction he took off in. An hour goes by and only seeing a couple does i think to myself iam just going to sit on this ridge and do some rattling. 10 mins go by and i spot a buck chasing a doe across a feild. My heart starts to pound thinking this is the big one. I get ready and let thunder roll down he goes. Ya i got the big one iam thinking to my self. So i keep an eye on the down buck when i catch something out of the corner of my eye. Up with the binos and there he is 100yrds out laughing at me haha you just shot my brother not me hahaha and off he runs. I walk up to my deer to find a nice 5x5 but not the buck i thought he was it all happend so fast. O well meat in the frezzer, tags cut ,dreams about the big ones that got away. Untill next year.http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1357.snc4/162913_10150100382561075_659196074_7797998_2081428 _n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7797995&id=659196074)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1357.snc4/162913_10150100382541075_659196074_7797994_182553_ n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=7797995&id=659196074)

pescado
11-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Sounds like a good shot on a fine bull, well done. Good luck stick'in your w/t.

pescado
11-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Did'nt read your whole post, thought you were going bow hunting. That's a fine buck. Cheers to a fine season.

Blainer
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
I was waiting for you to post a thread.
Great season!Good on ya.
Looks like you caped the whitie?Gonna put him on the wall with your other trophies?

stixnstones
11-30-2010, 09:51 PM
hey bozz.congrats old friend.

hunter1947
12-01-2010, 04:03 AM
bozzdrywall you did have a good season nice elk ,nice WT buck ,congrats to you http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif..

M.Dean
12-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Sounds like you had a great season! Congrats on two fine looking animals!

born2hunt
12-01-2010, 07:50 AM
way to go bozz! great season and welcome back!

bozzdrywall
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks all I will try to get on here more often.

bforce750
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks all I will try to get on here more often.

Good job Bozz! nice lookin whitie

TPB
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Congratulations on the successful season and nice shot on a good looking elk.

d6dan
12-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Hey Bozz, you've been too quiet over this 2010 season?..kinda missed your storys..Congrats on a good elk and whitetail.

bozzdrywall
12-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry i have not been around but i dont have the net were iam at. I will try to be on here as much as i can

rocksteady
12-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey you big snob......I waved at you in BP in Williams LAke and you ignored me....ARSEHOLE!!!! I think that was late August...

bozzdrywall
12-03-2010, 07:08 PM
rock iam so sorry i was up there for a bit it was my b day on aug 27 the boys took me out for a beer or ten lol you should have come up to me with a kick in the ass for not saying hi again sorry let have a beer with joe one day soon. I am going to the bull river inn on sat for the festival you should join us if you can