PDA

View Full Version : New to Princeton

krippkilled
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
After living on VI my whole life and having some unreal times over the years there hunting black tail, I moved to Princeton at the beginning of this season. I don't get to go out very often anymore because I had an accident that left me in a wheelchair six years ago but my buddies did manage to get me out of couple of times just to drive around for a looksee. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but we did end up getting a 4 x 3 white tail around remembrance Day. I got lucky two years ago and got a four-wheel-drive wheelchair so I leave from the house every day and go as far as my batteries will take me just to look around. While I seen a dreamer yesterday! I didn't get a chance to count the points but he was big and untypical. Still gets my heart jumping! I'm hoping to find somewhere next year where I can just sit and maybe shoot from my chair, but as you know it takes a good friend to do all of the work once the hair has hit the ground! Because I don't know anybody in the area I am restricted to when buddies come this way for a couple of days to do their hunt. If everything goes well for them early on they try and make time to get me out for a day to just drive around. I wish they had a site like this, or I wish I knew of a site like this when I was doing all of my black tail hunting on the island. I've got lots of pictures but they are the old-fashioned kind on film. Anyway I really enjoy hearing everybody's hunting stories, it's how I get my fix nowadays! So keep up the good work:-D

sparkes3
11-29-2010, 08:51 PM
i hunt princeton lots every year, if you want to get out for a trip next year keep in touch and im sure me and my buddies can help you out. we all have trucks to get you out hunting and strong backs to get your meat back.

krippkilled
11-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Wow! What an incredible offer. I've just started to shoot again, with a .22 and I hope I will be able to shoot my .270 by fall, however, until I can do it 100% safely I obviously wouldn't do it. But I really enjoy going out even as an extra set of eyes, they still work really well! I will definitely keep in touch though and we'll see what happens next fall. How was this season for you? I can't believe I would get such an offer from a stranger, absolutely awesome! Thank you very much.:-D

sparkes3
11-30-2010, 05:59 PM
we did awesome this year i got two mulies (a early season four point in princeton ) and a leh doe in goldbridge. then i took my step brother and his friend back to princeton on rememberence day and got two more mulies a 4 x3 and another 4x4 .so im sure we can work something out even if you cant shoot a day out in the woods is better than a day at home.
so give me a shout next season and we will set something up.

elktracker1975
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Sparkes3, great to hear of your success on muleys, and maybe you made a mistake in writing, but are you aware that muleys close on November 10th, a day before Rememberance Day in Princeton?

blacktailslayer
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
His post says 4x3 whitetail.

ruger#1
12-01-2010, 07:02 PM
we did awesome this year i got two mulies (a early season four point in princeton ) and a leh doe in goldbridge. then i took my step brother and his friend back to princeton on rememberence day and got two more mulies a 4 x3 and another 4x4 .so im sure we can work something out even if you cant shoot a day out in the woods is better than a day at home.
so give me a shout next season and we will set something up.He meens this post.