PDA

View Full Version : Think I am destined not to be a hunter

bchunter181
11-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Some of you may have read some of my other posts I am a young new hunter that lives and breathes hunting I have hunter for 5 years and have never cut a tag in my life other than shooting grouse I have never shot a big game animal I usely go hunting with my dad but this year I went with my hunting buddy and got my pal and a truck to hunt me around I drive a big lifted Toyota 4runner. so we have went hunting every chance we get I have got advice on spots to hunt how to hunt different ways to hunt everything bought to s. Gear to help went out a bought a new gun this year. When I have gone hunting I try everything sitting in a blind and calling and rattling, hiking hours on end, even tracking fresh tracks in the snow I can not figure out what I am doing wrong all I have seen are 1 buck and 4 does this whole season! I think I am setting myself up for good opportunity for success but never get anything(5 years) don't know where to go from here I think I am calling it a season for this year just got back from a weekend hunt oh ya I sleep in the bush to so I can be there for the morning hunt and the night hunt have put in lots of time energy ad money( costs me about 200 every weekend I go out and this is like weekend 8) and quite honestly am just exhausted don't know what the problem is but this is starting to not be fun anymore and once the fun gone that's it I will definitely be hunting next year and years to come buck I am still waiting for that first buck feeling!

bowhunterbruce
11-29-2010, 06:44 AM
dont be so hard on yourself,it took me a very long time to be successful on getting an elk.almost to the point of giving up a few times.yet filling my frezzers every year was not an issue.remember hunting is not just the thrill of being successful that makes it fun,hunting is about the journey you take and everything you experience along the way to becoming successful.
my wife has now gone on a major trip every year now for 10 years and has only had 1 (missed) oppertunity on a moose yet at the same time has filled her deer tags year in and year out.the way i see it ,is that some animals just have your number and until the monkey is off your back will contiue to consume your most energetic efforts,dont be too picky,practice your shooting from all positions and angles,know your gun inside and out,know your area and pre-season scout with a camera,hell even give them names if you see the same ones more then once.and above all use karma to your every advantage by helping others unconditionaly.in other words bring your own luck to yourself and be ready at all times when your out there
goodluck
bhb

Gunner Staal
11-29-2010, 08:40 AM
dont be so hard on yourself,it took me a very long time to be successful on getting an elk.almost to the point of giving up a few times.yet filling my frezzers every year was not an issue.remember hunting is not just the thrill of being successful that makes it fun,hunting is about the journey you take and everything you experience along the way to becoming successful.
my wife has now gone on a major trip every year now for 10 years and has only had 1 (missed) oppertunity on a moose yet at the same time has filled her deer tags year in and year out.the way i see it ,is that some animals just have your number and until the monkey is off your back will contiue to consume your most energetic efforts,dont be too picky,practice your shooting from all positions and angles,know your gun inside and out,know your area and pre-season scout with a camera,hell even give them names if you see the same ones more then once.and above all use karma to your every advantage by helping others unconditionaly.in other words bring your own luck to yourself and be ready at all times when your out there
goodluck
bhb

I whipped two Muzzy's over Jakes back last night at 35! Ah well. Hes not goin anywhere.

Piperdown
11-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Stay the course, it will happen. Remember it is about getting out in the bush and having fun. When you least expect it "bang" it will happen. Keep at er.

butthead
11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
once the first one is down they just seem to jump in the back of the truck for you.
get that first one