PDA

View Full Version : how many hunters on here use ?

vortex hunter
11-28-2010, 10:15 PM
how many people use there scope for bino's when hunting

Or do you use Bino's I use my super human eye site ...

cavebear
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
binos 99.9% of the time :-D

TPB
11-28-2010, 10:17 PM
binos... i hope everyone has the same response.

115 or bust
11-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Had to hide behind a stump up mt washington one time because a guy drove into the slash in blue jeans with a canoe tied to the roof, jacked a shell in the chamber and started glassing the hillside with his rifle! scary stuff!!!!

BromBones
11-28-2010, 10:26 PM
I like to sit and glass for hours at a time when the hunt permits. If I used my rifle scope to do it, I'd have a pretty kinked up neck and sore arms at the end of the day.

Caveman
11-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Way more comfortable spending time with a good quality bino

Sleep Robber
11-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Nothing like glassing a nice area with my Swarovski's

hunter1947
11-29-2010, 03:24 AM
I glass every moment I can you will be surprised how many animals you pick up with the bino's.

I figure I find 50% of my animals due to glassing..

Pete
11-29-2010, 04:53 AM
If you are glassing with a scope then you are pointing your firearm at what you are looking at. Not only is it dangerous it is illegal.

chilcotin hillbilly
11-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Hunting at Pavillion one year I had just finished a marithon hunt and was heading back to camp when I looked up the hill and there was 3 guys watching me through their scopes. I thought about putting a TSX threw their engine block.

BiG Boar
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
You didnt have iron sights as an option. Thats what I use for glassing. I feel it just focuses me more on what is just in front of the gun. Whats the point of a scope?

islandboy
11-29-2010, 08:24 AM
binos, always - no scope on a recurve. :biggrin:

Barracuda
11-29-2010, 09:07 AM
i like to use binos . trying to glass with a scope would be pretty damn tough and uncomfortable.

steepNdeep
11-29-2010, 09:29 AM
Optics are the MAIN physical advantage that hunters have over all of our prey. I utilize my advantage whenever possible... I need it.

vortex hunter
11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
yeah bino's are the best ans safest

IronNoggin
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Depends on the situation. When glassing over a large area trying to locate game, binoculars and/or a spotting scope ALWAYS!

When an animal has been seen within range and identified, usually the scope to confirm species/size and make the decision...

Cheers,
Nog

Surrey Boy
11-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Depends on the situation. When glassing over a large area trying to locate game, binoculars and/or a spotting scope ALWAYS!

When an animal has been seen within range and identified, usually the scope to confirm species/size and make the decision...

Cheers,
Nog

That's it for me too - Binoculars until I've identified an animal, then I pull out the scoped rifle. The safety stays on, fingers outside the trigger guard while I count his points or consider my options on shooting him now or later.

brian46
11-29-2010, 05:41 PM
scope always if the animal has already been seen with eye, that way I don't have to switch to my gun and waste time if it turns out to be a shooter.

binos or spotting scope if I am just looking around.

Gateholio
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
When I want to glass, I sit down with my back to a tree or rock, extend the bipod of my rifle, then just glass using the scope. It's comfortable and you don't have to carry heavy binoculars. And the best part is when you see a deer in the scope view, you just have to pull the trigger! No messing with putting away your binos!

ishootbambi
11-29-2010, 08:13 PM
When I want to glass, I sit down with my back to a tree or rock, extend the bipod of my rifle, then just glass using the scope. It's comfortable and you don't have to carry heavy binoculars. And the best part is when you see a deer in the scope view, you just have to pull the trigger! No messing with putting away your binos!

pointing your gun at anything you dont intend to shoot is unsafe, irresponsible and downright stooooopid!!! now tell us more of your insane truth....how many times have you pointed your gun at other hunters, vehicles, livestock and other things that you (hopefully) do not intend to shoot? geez man, wake up!!!

killman
11-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I usually use Binos to look at something or to spot. If I see an animal and need to identify points I may use my higher powered scope.

Gateholio
11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
pointing your gun at anything you dont intend to shoot is unsafe, irresponsible and downright stooooopid!!! now tell us more of your insane truth....how many times have you pointed your gun at other hunters, vehicles, livestock and other things that you (hopefully) do not intend to shoot? geez man, wake up!!!

Don't worry, I always leave the safety on when glassing with my scope.

LYKTOHUNT
11-29-2010, 08:21 PM
he does this after a few beers and the football game on while loading up some misc ammo:wink:
I am pretty sure he is just kidding:-D

M.Dean
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
Rifle scope for everything! I've got a Remington 700 BDL which I like to use for spotting, as long as the safety's on it's safe. Some people get real mad, but come on,what can it hurt??? Rest assured, when I've got you in my cross hairs you have nothing to worry about! I always keep my finger on the trigger so if a big buck jumps out behind who ever I'm scoping out I'm ready to fire!!! With the safety issues that just came to light I find that I keep the cross hairs on the persons head so if it does miss fire I can just lift the gun up when I hear the Bang and the bullet will miss them! I watch all the sniper shows I can, and they always use there scope instead of Bino's, so it must be safe! Anyway, have to go, I'm grinding my trigger down a bit more, it's got about 1/2 pound pull now, I want to try and half that, should be real easy to pull after that! P/S,(I've never used my scope to glass, I use bino's!)

Lee
11-29-2010, 08:42 PM
If you are glassing with a scope then you are pointing your firearm at what you are looking at. Not only is it dangerous it is illegal.

What he said.

Shooter
11-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I always use my Bino's. It's such an ingrained habit that I do it to a fault sometimes. When I see a deer I always grab my bino's which are always strapped on with the harness. Even when I know its a buck I grab bino's when in fact the rifle should be up.

Phil A. Bowl
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
No scope no binos. I cant see that good so i shot at whatever moves and just walk up to clame my prize.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

1/2 slam
11-29-2010, 09:32 PM

x 2. A person wouldn't like my response if they scoped me.:twisted:

landphil
11-29-2010, 09:45 PM

But finger on the trigger and thumb on the safety to save time, right?:mrgreen:

Binos all the way unless it's such a short range to be unnecessary, then a good look with the scope to confirm I'm looking at the same animal I was with the binos.

7mag700
11-30-2010, 12:28 PM

Shameless trolling :mrgreen:

7m7

mikek blacktail
11-30-2010, 05:56 PM
i didn't post but i use my binos for glassing area and my scope only if a deer pops up in front of me.

bc kid
11-30-2010, 07:48 PM
like someone once said on here if u can aford 100 dollars in gas u can get some binos because if u point a gun at me i when im in a cut block or on the side of a mt i may just take it the wrong way and gov taught one thing when a barrel is point at u point back

vortex hunter
11-30-2010, 07:54 PM
like someone once said on here if u can aford 100 dollars in gas u can get some binos because if u point a gun at me i when im in a cut block or on the side of a mt i may just take it the wrong way and gov taught one thing when a barrel is point at u point back

Nerver said I dont USE bino's do u all the time BS everyone forget's sh__T:twisted: once in a while......................but yea I would probley flip if a gun was pointed at me lol

hoho
11-30-2010, 08:48 PM
1st Truck.
2nd Bino.
3rd Rifle.