PDA

View Full Version : Skunked on Grizzlies

Geo.338
06-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Just got back from 6-18 for 11 days of solid hunting .Saw quite a bit of sign and Grizz track but we just could not find one bear ,other than blacks .Spent many hours every day glassing slides and mountains from lower levels .When that did not work we climbed some hills and glassed down on some terrain we could not see from the bottom.There was more snow than we expected and the lakes wer still iced up but I think that our timing was ok things melted fast and hill were greening up more and more each day but we did not see one Grizz.The trip was still a success in our view as this is a beatiful place to be at this time of year and we met a few new people and made some new friends.No regrets and we are already planning our next one.Thanks to sniper 58 and all who gave support and info for the adventure .Good luck to all .Geo.338

mark
06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I feel for ya bro! we too were skunked on a grizz draw this year. you get sooo excited and have big hopes and dreams and do all the homework, then drive home emptyhanded, with no glory story for the boys. It sucks but thats hunting!!! Cant winem all, as long as ya had a good time as we did too! :grin:

bigwhiteys
06-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Agreed,

That's hunting... When you are not seeing any game it can get downright frustrating but then you just have to look around, realize where you are and what you're doing and then think about all the poor saps not there with you. Ha! you come out a winner everytime!

Happy Hunting!
Carl

ryanb
06-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I felt just like you, pretty disapointed to come home empty handed but happy that I went nonetheless.

TherealSLYFOX
06-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I to was skunked a couple of years back on the Gizz. Same area 6-18. Came apon a family of 4 on the first day, man was I pumped the next six days absolutely nothing.:x Oh well next time I hope.

jamiedouglas
06-04-2006, 10:54 PM
I to was skunked, we saw everything but a bear.