PDA

View Full Version : the perfect hunt....

ratherbefishin
11-28-2010, 07:45 AM
sometimes sh*t happens-gear breaks down,weather doesn't co operate,family responsabilities take precidence,whatever-you didn't get to go.[I don't call not getting an animal in this list]

But sometimes-EVERYTHING works out-gear works,weather is fine,nothing prevents you from going-AND you cut your tags.This year after five years my boys and I FINALLY got the coveted ''any bull ''LEH shared hunt tickets-2 among 3,and we headed up to PG,no incidents on the road, trucks ran fine,we arrived at our campsite and teamed up with another HuntingBC'er in early October,the weather was crisp and cold, gorgeos fall colours, camped out,sat around the fire, shot .22's,shot chickens, painted sunsets, stars like lanterns hung just out of reach in the sky and we turned in and went to sleep wth the coyotes singing in the field, next morning did some cow calling,heard a bull grunt back,came back to camp,the boys went out cruising on the quad, they threw axes at stumps, carved a chess set and with a black marker made a board and I read some books and thats pretty much how the way the week went.No worries , no responsabilites,the only decision was what to cook for lunch and where to hunt that day

Somewhere in there we connected and cut our tags, couple of nice 3 and 4 year old bulls-not the biggest but certainly the best for what we wanted-meat for the tableand then we broke camp and headed home ,without incident.....not many time EVERYTHING worked out,time spent with family and friends AND a freezer full of meat-even my wife was happy-I got it cut and wrapped-generally she helps me-this time I had a meatcutter do it....the perfect trip...and hopefully my boys will remember this years hunt long after I'm outa here-just like I remember the hunting trips with my dad...

Manglinmike
11-28-2010, 08:42 AM
!!Thats the ones that you forget,cause there were no major desasters to burn into your gray matter! All that aside my sons and I had a very simmaliar hunt in region5 for moose and deer my oldest son got his first moose and the youngest got a mule deer doe,both boys got there game while one solo hunts,that makes the old man proud to see them taking off andfilling your foot steps!

ydouask
11-28-2010, 10:04 AM
It doesn't get much better than that. It does feel so good to live your dreams.... may you have many more to recall.

swampthing
11-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Sounds like a good trip. Nothing worse than stress while hunting. Yuor boys will always remember those trips. That will turn them into a person like you.

steepNdeep
11-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Right on - congrats! I hope to make the same kinda memories with my boys one day... :cool:

ratherbefishin
11-28-2010, 11:07 AM
its one thing I really appreciate-meeting fellow hunters here on line who will share local knowlege especially for us guys who live 500 miles away,its good to go back next year and catch up,sit around and bs,whatever.....all helps make the hunt a great experiance

kennyj
11-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Glad you had a great trip. You're wright, its rare that everything works out so well.
kenny

ratherbefishin
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm 63 now and with the chances of getting just ONE LEH''any bull'' card maybe once every 5 years-if I'm lucky-I won't even HAVE too many more opportunities like we had this year.....you bet this was a hunt to remember....

Piperdown
11-29-2010, 09:11 AM
NEED PICTURES :biggrin: