PDA

View Full Version : Kaufman bow

Centerfire
11-27-2010, 01:57 PM
A buddy of mine is looking to buy a new bow and said he would give me his Kaufman bow when he does. I tried to Google the name and didn't find any info on the it. Does anyone know where I could find any info about it? I'm not sure of the model, just that when I asked him what kind it is, he said "It is a Kaufman."

Thanks!

-Centerfire

Bow Walker
12-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Looks like no one has heard or seen a "Kaufmann bow". If it's a give away, well you can take your chances. What you got to lose?

Centerfire
12-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Exactly. :)

Centerfire
01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok, my mistake. The bow is actually a Ben Pearson Shadow 100.

My friend has been very generous by giving it to me for free along with a quiver, some arrows, broadheads, field points, and release.

Any info on it?

-Centerfire

Bow Walker
01-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Take a pic and post it so we can have a look and see what we're all talking about.

Is the string in good condition? No fraying or strand breaks? Got some string wax? Bow limbs look like they're solid, with no minor splintering or checking?

Bowzone_Mikey
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
the Shadow 100 is about a 25 year old bow, real steel cables and teardrop string connections ....

That era Dave Barnsdale was chief desinger at Pearson ...the bow is awesome for its time .... Put a new string on it and I suspect it will be good to go provided it hasent been spruce tuned or tire tuned etc.... .... that said dont expect it to compete with speed and silence of todays equip ... but it killed deer then and will kill em now

Bow Walker
01-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Centerfire - you might want to compare notes with Srephane (he's a member here) about shooting olde bows that (by rights) should be classed as "wall-hangers".

He's had some success shooting his.