PDA

View Full Version : whitetail behind penticton landfill

deadfall
11-27-2010, 12:48 PM
are there whitetail up behind the penticton landfill?

i heard there were elk up there and some big mulies,whitetail as well as bighorn.

i so far seen a full curl bighorn and some mule deer
but no elk or whitetail YET:-D

with only 3 days left after today for rifle im really itching to get out there as thats about as far as i can get on a bike and the closest i have heard that there is whitetail around here.

my dad hunted all over this region especialy concentrated to the okanogan 20 years ago and he said there was whitetail then so is there now>?

any info willo be much appreciated see if we can get a closing day buck:-D

thanks in advance

DEADFALL

deadfall
11-27-2010, 11:17 PM
??????? anyone even hunt that area at all?

jonz
11-28-2010, 07:05 AM
There are mulies but I have never seen a wt up there.

yamadirt 426
11-28-2010, 09:08 AM
i usually find if people are quiet about a post like this then its a good spot. Go have a look !

deadfall
11-28-2010, 10:21 AM
i usually find if people are quiet about a post like this then its a good spot. Go have a look !

i think you may be right yama... thats what i was thinking :-D

ill be up there monday /tueday so e will see what it brings me:mrgreen:

df

deadfall
11-28-2010, 10:22 AM
[quote=jonz;798439]There are mulies but I have never seen a wt up there.[/quote

in the bush or on the road?:wink:

one-shot-romano
11-28-2010, 10:23 AM
okanagan mt has whitetail

deadfall
11-28-2010, 10:28 AM
okanagan mt has whitetail

ya i know but im on a peddle bike so very limited to my range that i can go if i had a vehicle i could go many places :-D

doubled
11-28-2010, 11:40 AM

BINGO!!

Get off the road and walk and you will be surprised. The answer reads like this:

Choose D - all of the above.

358mag
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
??????? anyone even hunt that area at all?
If your from Summerland maybe you should check out your side of the valley lots of Whitetalls up in the Darke Lake region and up behind Peachland and a lot less hunting pressure get off the roads- quad trails lay some boot tracks down you just might be surprized whats out there
Good Luck shoot straight

deadfall
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
If your from Summerland maybe you should check out your side of the valley lots of Whitetalls up in the Darke Lake region and up behind Peachland and a lot less hunting pressure get off the roads- quad trails lay some boot tracks down you just might be surprized whats out there
Good Luck shoot straight

i used to live there i just moved to penticton the end of october had a chance to drop my mulie 8 days before we moved .
i wanted to get up to darke lake but never had the chance my buddys truck broke down so no ride to summerland anymore..will be going for ,mulie up there again next year seen a bruiser while i was up there..

deadfall
11-28-2010, 04:43 PM
BINGO!!

Get off the road and walk and you will be surprised. The answer reads like this:

Choose D - all of the above.

will do then,, heading up early in the am tommorow morning.

does anyone figure that the wt rut is still in action?
i figured a might try some bleats and some tending grunts and see what happens:mrgreen:

doubled
11-28-2010, 05:26 PM
will do then,, heading up early in the am tommorow morning.

does anyone figure that the wt rut is still in action?
i figured a might try some bleats and some tending grunts and see what happens:mrgreen:

Dropped a 4pt on Saturday with his girlfriends, neck swollen, still going on.

deadfall
11-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Dropped a 4pt on Saturday with his girlfriends, neck swollen, still going on.

nice congrats on your buck.. will keep everyone updated on how the hunts went all day tommorow and if nothing tommorow all day tuesday hopefully it pays off.. if not ...always next year