PDA

View Full Version : Squamish Main FSR: Snow report as of Nov. 26?

seanps
11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Happy Friday everyone.

Thinking of heading out the Squamish Valley for the day tomorrow, and just wondering what shape the road is in.

Understand they got a lot of snow with the big LML dump this week, but wondering if it's kept plowed for the logging trucks.

TheProvider
11-26-2010, 08:30 PM
Its pouring rain now, suppose to pour all night. Haven't been on the road. It should plowed if theres active logging. It'll be plowed atleast to the hydro dams

One Shot
11-26-2010, 09:09 PM
No more logging that I know of or that I saw last weekend. Talking with some drivers the last of equipment was coming out last weekend including loads of culverts. Road does not get plowed during the winter except to the power station.

seanps
11-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Gotcha. Yeah, come to think of it, I noticed a lot of heavy machinery being hauled out last weekend too.

Didn't make it out today, but I'm trying tomorrow. Really want to nab my deer.

scoopy
12-02-2010, 03:34 PM
Any new reports on the Squamish main? looking to get out tomorrow, and hoping to not have to turn around at the power station!

TheProvider
12-02-2010, 03:44 PM
We got snow earlier in the week and then it poured rain. This morning I couldn't get within 4 kms of my spot. Roads are pretty icy, not too much just ice underneath the snow. Tried a new spot and sounded like a hurd of elephants walking cause of the snow crust. Spooked one deer

seanps
12-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Yikes. I found a 2WD Tacoma to borrow for the weekend. No snow tires, though.

Think I'd make it to 29 Mile?

TheProvider
12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
If your gonna try it I'd put some weight in the back and give yourself some extra time to travel. I wasn't on the Squamish valley rd but I was sliding a bit with snow tires in a 2500. I didn't have it in 4x4 though but when it came to it the 4x4 wasn't any good for my first real big hill. I'll keep you posted tho it is suppose to keep warming up with sunny patches on saturday and sunday.