PDA

View Full Version : Gloves, mitts or bare-handed

knighthunter
11-25-2010, 10:41 PM
I went back 11 pages and never saw anything on this topic. Saw lots on boots and pants, but nothing for the hands. When hunting I wear a cheap pair of cotton gloves with rubber tabs on the palms and finger's. Great for holding a damp, snow or rain soaked rifle stock. They are at the mininum for holding heat tho. I also carry a pair of leather mitt's with cloth liner's in a jacket pocket. I would be wearing something alot more warmer if hunting in temps below -10.
So what do other's wear to keep their hands warm when out and about?

Gateholio
11-25-2010, 10:45 PM
FIngerless gloves with the mitten pull over. Usually go through a few pairs a year, as I lose them.:-D

Browningmirage
11-25-2010, 10:47 PM
I tend to go with anything pink and with Barbie on them. Sometimes I go to Walmart for the Hannah Montanna gloves.

The ones with the tether cord are an absolute must. I cant believe how many gloves Ive lost when they arent securely tied to the cuffs of your sleeves.

jikkyo
11-26-2010, 06:55 AM
A few days ago, I hunted in -10C weather. This isn't much to some of you folks on the Mainland, but here on the South Island, that is COLD!

I wore 40gram Thinsulate gloves from Cabelas and a thicker snow gloves over that. Kept my hands pretty warm when I was sitting still. The Thinsulate gloves by themselves were nowhere near warm enough! My hands were numb and painful with those gloves.

leadpillproductions
11-26-2010, 07:36 AM
-30 and green apes worked very well

7mag700
11-26-2010, 08:11 AM
FIngerless gloves with the mitten pull over. Usually go through a few pairs a year, as I lose them.:-D

Same, can't beat those cheap wool glove/mitt units

7m7

Steeleco
11-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I've been using fly-fishing mitts for some time. They're wool mitts with the thumb and index finger only half the normal length. They work great.

husky30-06
11-26-2010, 08:55 AM
I wear a thinner pair of thinsulate camo gloves when actively hunting, but when i get going or on a stalk........ bare hands baby:mrgreen: then i can feel the gun and moving the bolt, there is no chance of catching on clothing!

CanuckShooter
11-26-2010, 09:19 AM
It's gotta be brutal cold to wear mitts....I use thinsulate gloves when things start getting frosty..and when it gets cold the gortex ski gloves come out....if time permits the gloves come off for a bare handed bang flop!

sawmill
11-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Yup,was wearing mine this morning.

knighthunter
11-26-2010, 09:50 AM
It's gotta be brutal cold to wear mitts....I use thinsulate gloves when things start getting frosty..and when it gets cold the gortex ski gloves come out....if time permits the gloves come off for a bare handed bang flop!

I moved here from a province that it was normal to have -20,-30,-40 temps during deer season in nov, so mitts were common. But, I still wore my gloves inside of them.