PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a scope

chevy
06-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I am looking for a good scope for my .300 mag i had a bushnell elite 3x9x40 on it and after one shot the cross hairs broke i also had a nikko 3.5x10x40 on it and after a couple of shots at the range the paint inside the scope pealed off and is laying inside the scope and i had a visiontac 4x12x40 scope and well that couldn't handle it either does any one have a good scope for sale that is shock proof or any ideas that would help me i have been told to get a leupold 3x9x40 but i cannot afford to buy a new one (i'm married now and well you know i have a budget now) or an allowance if you wanna call it thatthanks guys Wes(chevy)

Barracuda
06-02-2006, 07:45 PM
if you are breaking scopes like you say then there is another problem . I have a 3x9 B&L on my 375 H&H and it has never skipped a beat in the years i have had it . Just send it back to bushnell and they will replace it jiffy quick. I can promise you that the scope is designed to withstand your recoil but you could well have gotten an FOF scope (finished on friday ) .

Boo
06-02-2006, 07:48 PM
Send the Bushnell back for repair. It has a life-time warranty.

Yours was an anomaly as they are usually very good and in fact break less often than the Leopolds.

The other 2 scopes your tried are junk.

Gateholio
06-02-2006, 08:24 PM
Are you sure that your rings are instlaled correctly, and everything is in alignment?

I have a feeling that you may be torquing the scopes in a strange way...I'd get a gunsmith to look at it.

And send the Eite back, it is a good scope, and can be replaced.

boxhitch
06-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah, something else may be wrong, as the 300 mag doesn't have much recoil. I had a 3200 on a .338 for over 200 rounds, and all ok.

CHilko21
06-02-2006, 08:45 PM
Sounds like you're having a helluva time with scopes! I've got a browning superchief IV, never had a problem with it. I agree with Boo, send the Bushnell back and scrap the other ones.

3kills
06-02-2006, 09:20 PM
i agree with the rest send the bushnell back i have b&l 3000 and i have never had a problem with it

chevy
06-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Trust me the scopes were definately mounted properly but maybe your right and i just happened to buy a dud i did send it back 2 weeks ago still waiting to here from them hopefully everything works out we had a bushnell banner that was a pretty good scope it was on a 7mm maybe i will try that one for now if not i will keep using my bow for now

brotherjack
06-02-2006, 09:51 PM
I've never had one of those exact scopes myself (can't afford em), but I work at a store that sells guns, and we ship guys out the door all the time with 300 mag's (and worse) with Bushnell Elite's - I assume at least a couple of them would come back and complain to us if this was a usual problem.

I concur with the "ship it back to Bushnell" comments. Bushnell doesn't always have the fastest turn-around time in the business, but they will do whatever it takes to make a happy camper out of you otherwise.

chevy
06-02-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the input guys does anyone have a good scope for sale?

LeverActionJunkie
06-03-2006, 09:47 AM
All of my guns that wear scopes wear Leupolds, All VX-II, just as good as but half the price of the vx-iii. Leupold also now makes the Rifleman series at a very reasonable price. You can't go wrong with a golden ring.

Hank Hunter
06-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Leopold are very good scopes, never let me down

Hank Hunter
06-05-2006, 09:00 PM
I just wish I could spell it right lol

rrfred
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
actually bushnells customer service and turnaround times have taken quite the downturn over the last couple years,nothing is quick anymore and they are getting harder to deal with on the warranty stuff, opinion is based on 3 returns in the last 5 years, quality is fallling off imho - i'm moving back to the leupolds one at a time.

chevy
06-05-2006, 09:12 PM
eventually i will buy a new scope i am looking at a burris fullfield 2 scope which is shockproop fogproof and water proof and comes with lifetime warranty thought i might try em out

Hank Hunter
06-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Make sure it has the eye relief for whatever you are mounting it on