PDA

View Full Version : good early/mid season pants

birch
11-24-2010, 07:38 PM
any recommendations here?

i have a late season pant and early season I end up using jeans which arent the best for water retention/drying.

i know that there are good but very expensive brands, not looking to break the bank!

cavebear
11-24-2010, 07:59 PM
pm sent:-D :-D :-D

Devilbear
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
I like Cabela's Microtex Outfitter Camo best and they are not pricey. I agree, much of the "hunting" clothing now being offered is simply ridiculous in cost and will not do anything that far less costly clothing will not do as well.

There are certain gear items where spending serious coin really pays off, but, several hundred dollars for a suit of proprietary camo stretchy whatever is just marketing hype and not necessary, IMHO.

Ovis17
11-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I picked up the Sitka 90% lite pant this season. Used them on a couple hunts so far and I really like them. They retail for stupid $$$ but you can pick them up on www.camofire.com (http://www.camofire.com) for 1/2 price (around $130 ish).

Slee
11-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Filson whipcord wool pants..... They will be good until the snow comes then switch to filson mackinaw pants......

Iron Glove
11-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Go to Canadian Tire and look at the Yukon Fleece stuff.
I've got pants and jackets for early to mid season and it's decent quality at a very decent price.
Watch for sales at CT, sometimes it's on for 50%.
Cabelas also offers decent stuff but make sure of the sizing, them Americans aren't shaped like us. :mrgreen: