PDA

View Full Version : migration routes

birch
11-24-2010, 07:35 PM
anyone have any good advice on determining migration routes?

only way that I have been able to figure them out is getting into an area and finding significant game corridors. this only works to a certaine extent.

assuming for starts that mule deer, etc, are in fact migrating into wintering grounds, anything particular to look for, esp on mapping programs such as google earth?

thats for any advice or ideas

dana
11-24-2010, 08:23 PM
For a guy that thinks he's got the game all figured out, you sure do ask a lot of questions. You been fishin' lately?

birch
11-24-2010, 09:25 PM
dont really know what you are implying by the knowing it all or fishing comments. dont know what I could possibly be fishing for by asking migration route questions? your secret spot? get over yourself

dana
11-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Soo, aguacher, aka Woodox starts a thread asking for advice on how to hunt monster muleys. He gets some good responses but they all basically tell him the same thing, you have to work your ass off to be consistant at killing big bucks. He gets upset because he was looking for the magic pill and is never seen again. Yet suddenly this birch guy appears with a bunch of aguacher's pics and says they didn't have to work for those bucks. Big buck hunting is obviously easy. Sooo, what do ya think the rest of us think? Was agaucher fishin' to begin with? Is he fishin' now as birch? All these questions from someone who has it all figured out makes one wonder. And of course the best way to defend yourself is to say dana is full of himself. ;)

birch
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
ag and woodox are the same.

me asking genuine questions looking for answers, not accusations, is fishing for compliments? give me a break. I didnt take one of those bucks.
ag hunts with me, with jjensen and with garrett. or maybe all those one person, too.

why not some input instead of your typicaly dramatic bullsh*t?

all those people are one account, just as you and jelvis are?

dana
11-24-2010, 09:45 PM
You want the magic bullet. And it don't exist. The advice given in the other thread is very good. Maybe if you didn't know it all already, you would actually read it and start applying it to the way you hunt.

birch
11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
ok, since its all a consipracy: if you think that ag, or me in your idea, is "fishing" via my question threads, for compliments on his bucks, then why the magic pill? if, according to you, he is able to kill larger bucks, then what magic pill is he trying to find?

im missing something with your theory...

i do happen to know what his point in that thread was, and that was that pompus guys like yourself dont need to discourage others by saying that you need to put in 300+ days per year. his point is that one can kill decent deer without that, and without your sh*t attitude.

pretty simple, aint it?

birch
11-24-2010, 09:50 PM
now how about you chip into the actual thread purpose instead of wasting an actual question that may help me or others looking for similar info.

I know it might be hard to wrap your head around dana, but its not all a pissing contest.

Gunner Staal
11-24-2010, 09:53 PM
DING DING DING! Fighting out of the red corner....with two 180 class......sorry...had to.

dana
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
So you are admitting he was fishing then? Fishing for the 'experts' to give info which he disagrees with so he can therefore be proved right that we all are pompus asses. That is what you are saying right?

birch
11-24-2010, 09:54 PM
haha anything about migration routes, gunner?

birch
11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
expert info to disagree with?
is that why I am asking questions? because I am andrew too, and because I want to disagree with the input people give me?

haha could it possibly be that I actually want to learn about migration routes, and that my questions have nothing to do with his disagreeing with your elitist attitude?

birch
11-24-2010, 09:58 PM
and if he was "right" that wouldnt make you pompus, that fact is very self evident through reading your posts. if he was right, it would mean your argument that you need to live in the forest to kill a trophy is incorrect.

dana
11-24-2010, 09:58 PM
But you hunt with the expert already. Does he not share any info with ya? He kills okay bucks and he doesn't work for them. He must have found the magic pill. Maybe he can cook ya up a pill too.

birch
11-24-2010, 10:00 PM
ive hunted with andrew three times.
does he hunt migration routes? not that ive hunted with him.
is he a better source of information than the hundreds of hunters on here who have decades more experience than he has been alive? nope.

again, do you have any input to the question, or does it all have to become a pissing contest?

birch
11-24-2010, 10:01 PM
ill start a new thread for those who actually have something constructive to share.

yamadirt 426
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Get an f'in room you two. holy fak.

M.Dean
11-25-2010, 07:53 AM
I agree about getting a room! Dear God, the last thing this site needs is some one asking questions about Deer!!! Where will it stop??? Next we'll hear " What boots you use"??? or even" I've got a LEH question"!!! Should I put a set of tire chains on my steering wheel too??? Come on you guys, some things you just don't tell anyone!!! Should be a life time ban for talking hunting here, this has to be nipped in the bud!!!

averagejoe
11-25-2010, 08:34 AM
DANA was that guy in highschool that everyone hated.. smoked cigeretts because he thought he was cool. more of a little man syndrome i guess you could say.

Trapper D
11-25-2010, 09:28 AM
go to trepanier bench and head up the hill, 1 of the largest ungulate wintering grounds in bc if not the largest, there you go