PDA

View Full Version : Cowichan estuary ducks

field marshal
11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Went for a look on the Cowichan river flats this afternoon.
Thousands of mixed species using the area.
D.U. field also holding many birds.
Terminal road is open during the week, so it's easy to launch a cartopper to access the marsh. So get out there and enjoy some of the best gunning to be had during this cold snap. Remember to be on your best behaviour as other eyes are watching???
Good decoying!!~:-D
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Marc
11-22-2010, 06:49 PM
I would think Chemainus and Nanaimo would be rocking as well. I thought about it today while I waited in traffic for two hours trying to get to the highway from Victoria. Who would have thought that it takes 3 hours to get to Duncan from Victoria.:confused:

The waves were rocking on the gorge and it was bitter cold. Did anyone make it out to the bay today?

dougan
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I would think Chemainus and Nanaimo would be rocking as well. I thought about it today while I waited in traffic for two hours trying to get to the highway from Victoria. Who would have thought that it takes 3 hours to get to Duncan from Victoria.:confused:

The waves were rocking on the gorge and it was bitter cold. Did anyone make it out to the bay today?
tHATS WHY I CAME HOME AT 1:00 SHAWNIGAN TURN OFF CAN BE A BASTERD:cry:

kyleklassen
11-22-2010, 06:51 PM
blowing pretty good down on the bay. ducks in every shetered spot.brand new blind drifted up on wigeon island since opening day...big one......k.k....

Marc
11-22-2010, 06:59 PM
blowing pretty good down on the bay. ducks in every shetered spot.brand new blind drifted up on wigeon island since opening day...big one......k.k....

It's been there since before Chessie Guy was out playing at the bay about 3 weeks ago. Not quite sure I like it sticking out there. Just another hunk of junk in the bay that no one will ever take out and just try and forget about.

I think we might have to do a group cleanup come spring.

Chessieguy
11-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Figures I am on the wrong coast when the weather turns and the shooting gets great...

Oh well going after some Bay of Fundy Eiders on Friday so may not all be a bust.

A cleanup would be a great idea Marc...never hurts to make that positive impression!!!

kyleklassen
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM
7 for me tonite 3mallards 3 wigeon 1 pintail. could have been done in the first 20 mins. on teal....lots of teal....k.k...

field marshal
11-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Good shooting Kyle!!:-D
Gotta go after those TEAL soon. Love those little buggers :-D
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Lots'oLabs
11-25-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi Field M, The big green heads are just coming into Prospect Lake so I know they are in the Bay. 2- weeks early Good luck to you and Marc.
Ian M

Lots'oLabs
11-25-2010, 08:40 PM
It's been there since before Chessie Guy was out playing at the bay about 3 weeks ago. Not quite sure I like it sticking out there. Just another hunk of junk in the bay that no one will ever take out and just try and forget about.

I think we might have to do a group cleanup come spring.
Marc. Something I found on the Island one time was a leather shooting seat . It had been there for some time, but of very high quality.
Ian M

kyleklassen
11-26-2010, 04:04 PM
8 for me today 3 mallards 3 wigeon 2 teal.got down there around 12:30 and was done at 2:00 (at@:00).