PDA

View Full Version : long caulked

blackwater moose
11-22-2010, 02:23 PM
has anyone stalked an animal only to have someone else shoot it out from under you ?

Jetboater
11-22-2010, 02:28 PM
yep last year... a guy snuck in as we bugled in a really good bull just as we were getting set up he shot it.. the bullets whizzed right passed us....we got to the bull before he did... as we walked up he bragged about how he came in the back door on us....then asked if we could bring the quad in to help him... I just laughed and walked away....not worth getting mad about....

knockturnal
11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
My old man has shot a few out from under me. Hell, I'm still convinced he shot my first deer. Haha.

elkdom
11-22-2010, 02:48 PM
it's better than being "COLD CAULKED"

or "short caulked",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trigger
11-22-2010, 03:07 PM
i speant 4 days hunting a particular bull elk in the kootneys. On the last night that i saw him i had him coming out of the trees perfectly 150 yards away. when some one shot the cow that was in front of him.
There was now cow season nor LEH in that area. piss me off

blackwater moose
11-22-2010, 03:18 PM
my buddy shoots a 3006, he was stalking a 4 pt mulie and decided to get closer,in the mean time someone else shot his deer. when asked why he didn't shoot the deer he said " it was too long of a shot ". his nick name to this day is " too long shot "

Drillbit
11-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Done it. A Guide and US client were looking at a big buck out in a feild. They thought is was a Mulie, but it was clearly a WT. Some Guide. Anyways CO was there in no time after they phoned him (whitetail only season) and checked out the deer. I made it pretty clear that maybe this guy shouldn't be guiding if he can't tell the difference between a Mulie and Whitetail at 300 yards.

srupp
11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
3 years ago while on a LEH for my bull moose in 5-02-D I called a meat bull moose into the lake I was sitting on calling for 2 days..

The bull came out of the bush and BANG..scared the shyte right out of me..3 East Indian Gentlmen saw it as a gift..lol they told me they never saw me and thought I was a moose cow calling..in all honesty I never saw them either...and since one was wearing a turban with a Vancouver Canucks toque over it..shouldnt have been that hard..but I didnt see them...

Then in 2009 the guide trying to scam in on my stone sheep i was set up on...he absolutley knew we were in there and set up and blew us off..hell his clinet seemed embarrassed that theyw ere trying to overtake us from the other side knowing we were there first and slowly moving in so not to blow the whole deal,,,,difficult spot to get close..I could only get 318 yards from the ram to get the shot...I would have been POSTAL if they would have ruined that set up..beyond mad....

Most of my moose hunts are fly ins so no comepetition there..and bears grizzly are also remote events or secret trails..:wink:

had a few guys blow a stalk on black bears but nothing truly exceptional ever got a way..
Steven

knighthunter
11-22-2010, 04:05 PM
it's better than being "COLD CAULKED"

or "short caulked",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Your a funny guy, If I ever get up to your neck of the woods, I'm gonna look you up.

BiG Boar
11-22-2010, 04:18 PM
I was sheep hunting this year, and as we were 3 guys on 6 horses in the open we should have been fairly obvious. We sat and glassed 3 rams for 2 hours waiting for the right angle, and to see if any more poped up. All of a sudden a guy pops up well in front of us! He must have seen us glassing the basin and crawled through a trench to get around us. He had a shitty spotting scope and I already knew they wern't legal, but I felt like firing a shot to get those sheep running. Would that have been wrong?

BlacktailStalker
11-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Had a 342" rocky elk enroute to bang my estrous cow talk shot 500 yards below me in the timber.
Another hunter intercepted him.
Hunted that bull for 6 days straight, called him Ivory Tips, he was gorgeous :cry:
Likely could have killed him the second day but just wasnt happy with my shot path @ 400 yards. To have shot and lost him would bother me much more.

JCVD
11-22-2010, 09:01 PM
yep last year... a guy snuck in as we bugled in a really good bull just as we were getting set up he shot it.. the bullets whizzed right passed us....we got to the bull before he did... as we walked up he bragged about how he came in the back door on us....then asked if we could bring the quad in to help him... I just laughed and walked away....not worth getting mad about....
:confused: He knew you were there and fired a rifle in your direction close enough for you to sense the bullets whizzing past you in some sense....shooting at an animal you called in, then comes over and puffs out his chest about doing it ??? and and you just laugh and walk away...? You sir are wayyy too nice. I believe I would have bludgeoned that man to death...at the very least :twisted:

300H&H
11-22-2010, 09:18 PM
I hunted 1 whitetail for 3 years in a row.
Twice I was within 30 yards of him and did not get him.
I saw 2 guys I knew in that area and found out later they shot "my deer".
Pissed me off !!! :evil: