PDA

View Full Version : Whiteys around Princeton

paulo
11-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Thinking of taking a run up around Princeton for the last few days of whitetail this coming weekend. Does anyone have any usefull info on which particular Mu may afford a better oppurtunity? Which direction from Princeton might be better, N, S, E, W? Thanks for the help. As usual not looking for anyones particular area just a nudge in the right direction as I've never hunted whitetails. Thanks again.

sapper
11-21-2010, 07:13 PM
We spent 4 days in region 8-8 last weekend and didn't see a single W/T. We saw lots of tracks but no deer. We did see a lone wolf which might be why we didn't see any deer. Supposedly they're there though. Good luck.

pnbrock
11-21-2010, 07:18 PM
i hope you shot that wolf.

gr8outdoors
11-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Well, I was up there and the locals said good luck finding whitetail and they were right, Princeton is Muley country!!! Mule deer everywhere but no whiteys! I would try another area Good Luck

coach
11-21-2010, 08:06 PM
i hope you shot that wolf.

If you did, best to keep it quiet since there's no wolf season in region 8.

pnbrock
11-21-2010, 09:03 PM
i allways say read your regs first..lol case in point.

steel_ram
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
There are WT's in the area but not a lot. I know of a couple taken happen chance up Sunday Summit well west of Princeton. Targeting WT's I'd definately head Keremeos East, or even join the zoo in Kettle or Granby country not all that far away.

orangestepside
11-22-2010, 01:54 PM
ive seen some whiteys up tehre the last few years but the guy we hunt with up there says they all take off come begining of november and migrate to rock creekish area

Iron Glove
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
We've seen quite an increase this year in whities around Tulameen. 10 years ago we never saw any, now they are present. Until you go hunting that is. :(
Son and I were going to head out the past weekend off the Princeton - Summerland Road where allegedly the whities roam. Unfortunately I think I dislocated my left nut doing my best Luongo imitation in my last hockey game so I'm limited to walking the dogs, slowly, in the - 20 we have here now. :icon_frow

MattB
11-22-2010, 07:11 PM
There's whitetails at the bottom of Jura FSR, all along hayes creek, tons up Teepee lake FSR, and I've hear there's a few kicking around Finnegan FSR

martyonthewater
11-22-2010, 10:35 PM
lots of aspen and mixed poplar down Jura, looks like great wt country at the bottom, just keep your head up, there pulling lots of logs out of that area, even on the weekend you should watch for trucks as they move the equipment around on weekends. good luck

sapper
11-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah, there was a ton of logging going on along the roads we took in. No, had the season been open we wouldn't have had a chance to get a shot at the wolf. The moment we came around the corner he took off running and then was into the thick stuff and gone.