PDA

View Full Version : chilliwack blacktail

buckwild76
11-20-2010, 08:14 PM
i know everyone is checking this post expecting to see some pics. Sorry. Just wanted to see if any of you LML boys or girls have had any success in the chilliwack river valley? I have been out a lot, got a nice little 2 point on opening day but havn't really seen much since( other than a massive bear)

cloverphil
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I've seen that massive bear too, and I know where he lives . . . lol
I plan on bringing him home in the spring :twisted:

SteadyGirl
11-20-2010, 08:37 PM
been here for two days, pretty quiet as of yet. one doe spotted yesterday, nothing today

BearStump
11-20-2010, 09:28 PM
chwk hunting has become quite frustrating for me. I've finally found the bears. lots and lots of bears. I can shoot a bear anytime I want and have filled my two tags easily this year but blacktail bucks are frickin tough man. I've covered alot of groud trying for them and have only ever shot 1 spiker buck in the wack. I know a couple of guys who have found good "pockets" of deer in the chwk river valley as I have with bears but they aint gonna give up their honey holes.

stixnstones
11-20-2010, 09:37 PM
goodluck boys n girls.gotta get n walk.

SteadyGirl
11-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Dang.. Ford Mtn. Thurston. Williamson. International Ridge.

I have just given you and everyone some of the creme de la creme of the chilliwack river valley:mrgreen: I have of course withheld a few locations for myself but you will find and kill bucks in these places if you try hard enough. The bucks can easily spot you at over 1000yards even in the fog. Thier vision is almost as keen as a goats, not to mention thier mortal fear of anything that smells 'human'

A good resting place for a blacktail buck is a deeply timbered, fairly level ridge.

Don't be afraid to rattle and grunt when the rut is hot. The worse the weather the better your odds of knocking over a pisscutter.

digger dogger
11-20-2010, 09:44 PM
My trail cam has only taken pics of does, but there is a spike I've been trying to get for my youngest son.. The lil bugger never comes around when I take out my boys.. This is the first year in my spot I haven't seen a decent buck.

stixnstones
11-20-2010, 09:48 PM
saw a nice 3 point up ford the other day and a spike.not interested in them though.go get em!

BearStump
11-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Dang.. Ford Mtn. Thurston. Williamson. International Ridge.

I have just given you and everyone some of the creme de la creme of the chilliwack river valley:mrgreen: I have of course withheld a few locations for myself but you will find and kill bucks in these places if you try hard enough. The bucks can easily spot you at over 1000yards even in the fog. Thier vision is almost as keen as a goats, not to mention thier mortal fear of anything that smells 'human'

A good resting place for a blacktail buck is a deeply timbered, fairly level ridge.

Don't be afraid to rattle and grunt when the rut is hot. The worse the weather the better your odds of knocking over a pisscutter.

You're right about that. I could'nt believe it when my buddy and I got busted from about 1000 yds last year. we were watching from waaay out. The wind was decent and still.... up go the noses and off they go into the thick stuff. Almost like they got a frickin phone call from a doe in another valley to let them know about us.