PDA

View Full Version : Where should I take my bear meat to make pepperoni?

pupper
05-30-2006, 08:27 PM
After having a succesful hunt with my hunting partner, we are left with 3 bears and we took all the choice cuts off already but I am wondering where I should take the cubes/chunks to be made into sausage?

I have used sumas meats before but have heard stories and I am not sure I want to go there again.

I am in the fraser valley so anyone who knows who makes good pepperoni let me know.

and if you want to see pics of the bears go look in swamper's "another one bites the dust" thread.

MB_Boy
05-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Pupper.....these guys are a sponsor of the site, have a read through this thread as they seem to have received pretty good reviews.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3307

Oh.....and nice work on the bears!:wink:

Gilmore
05-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Just got back about 200lbs of venison from Country Meadows Meats in Pitt Meadows and its awesome. Pepperoni, garlic sausage, smokies and dinner sausages, great people and good price to boot. Chad

Fred
05-30-2006, 10:43 PM
Pupper, I heartily endorse Dimassimo's. I got my Buff turned into pepperoni there and have gone back there for standard cuts whenever I was sent out for meat by the family. I will turn to Mike for all of my processing now. Fred

Steeleco
05-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Another vote for Mike. Just down the road from you too. He's right beside the Dairy queen west end of town on the Fraser Hwy

pupper
05-31-2006, 01:36 AM
thanks guys, I guess I will try Massimos.
do I have to call ahead or can I just pop by with a crate of bear meat?

-Justin

Steeleco
05-31-2006, 08:05 AM
He's been pretty busy lately, drop him a PM (Meatman) or just call the store, and say hi.

pupper
05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
I dropped off the bear at dimassimos today and tested some of their pepperoni and it was great. I am looking forward to getting it back. thanks for the recomendation

Pupper

swamper
05-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Let me know how it turns out. You can bring some up to Logan Lake if you decide to try 3-D. It was fun having you guys up and you're welcome anytime.
Chris