PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hound guys!

SHAKER
11-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Are we all ready for the cat runn'n?

Me:NOT EVEN CLOSE

To do list for me: Tune sleds up, check radio collars, change radio box battery, new truck tires, insure sled trailer and put windshield back on the Tundra.

Barracuda
11-19-2010, 07:24 PM
been running the dogs beside the bike this week . poor ol lucy is really slowing down but the other two are going strong.

collars are working ,

receiver is working

charged the tri-tronics.

first aid supplies for dogs

I have to figure out something for the dog box as a tree fell on mine last year so we have been putting them in the tracker but i am probably going back to the box so i gotta fix it. (this is my biggest concern if i use my truck)

So like you i still have some stuff to do:mrgreen:

Clint_S
11-19-2010, 07:26 PM
I'd be out right now but my trucks broke down, again.
Boy if you own a ford sell it before it's 13 years old, definitely an unlucky number.

BlacktailStalker
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
SNow was low today, went out and checked a whack of bare roads (not low enough)
Two blow up strikes, one where we had a rescue mission on a bear (prob same bear, so passed) and another on the way home, same spot I cut/treed a nice 140ish tom last year that I let go to 'grow'.
HAD to be home (always the way) :mad: dogs were going nuts and there was ravens up top so likey has a kill and had just come down for a drink (always drinks there, same time, 11 a.m) that I SHOULD check tomorrow but its snowing like a b-astard here and I cant decide as to look for a big BT or get the mutts out.

walker(bandit)
11-20-2010, 03:58 PM
first day of snow and two she cats in the tree left at 5:30 got to the bush about 6:45 cut the first track about 7:15 ran a few roads to cut it off went back to where we started cut dogs lose at 8:30 cat in tree by 9
took some video went back to the truck had a bs with the boys drove the next set and bang cut a smoking hot track in our tier tracks turnd lose 300 yards seconed cat nice big she took more vids done by 11:00 am home by 1:00

digger dogger
11-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Sorta ready! Ran a bob track a few days ago that went to nowhere.
Purchased the kids tags yesterday, good to go on monday morn.
Hopefully their Mom will pull them from school and drive them to the tree, if it happens in the week. lol (i doubt it)
1 broken chain from last year, winch still in the mounting stage. Thankfully the deep snow hasn't hit. If it does.. Huh, I guess I'm not ready at all.
But the dogs are! :-)

Spokerider
11-20-2010, 09:26 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/Spokerider/DogBox008.jpg

I was in the same boat......packing the mutts around in the Tracker, so I built this box for the pick-up. Just have to insulate one side with rigid board for my couch-loving mutts.

Did lots of maintenance work to the truck this summer, have the recovery gear all in order. The mutts are in shape with the mountain biking they`ve been getting........

I`m stuck working this weekend, grrrr! and so am missing out on the the first snowfall. Otherwise, ready to hunt!

plumbcrazy
11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I just spent afew days in Clearwater and area. Cut fresh wolf tracks every morning and everywhere. Poor dogs are sick of trucken!

Spokerider
11-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I just spent afew days in Clearwater and area. Cut fresh wolf tracks every morning and everywhere. Poor dogs are sick of trucken!

Dang hey!
Drive all that way, thinking you`re heading to a great cat area, only to be foiled by wolves every morning.
Did you cut any cat tracks? Get to tracking any?

SHAKER
11-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Hey Spoke.... that is one serious dog box!

Ruger4
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/Spokerider/DogBox008.jpg

I was in the same boat......packing the mutts around in the Tracker, so I built this box for the pick-up. Just have to insulate one side with rigid board for my couch-loving mutts.

Did lots of maintenance work to the truck this summer, have the recovery gear all in order. The mutts are in shape with the mountain biking they`ve been getting........

I`m stuck working this weekend, grrrr! and so am missing out on the the first snowfall. Otherwise, ready to hunt!

that's a cool dog box :mrgreen:

stainz
11-23-2010, 03:45 AM
im ready. got the first cat last week on dry ground but was wondering if anyone knows what brand of traking collar is there that makes a good reliable collar.

Spokerider
11-23-2010, 06:55 AM
im ready. got the first cat last week on dry ground but was wondering if anyone knows what brand of traking collar is there that makes a good reliable collar.

Hey Stainz,
What line are your hounds? With a dry ground cat, they`re not doing too bad!

Choice of tracking collars depends on wether you want telemetry or gps.
Currently, garmin the the leader with gps tracking, but that may change in the months ahead. Marshall makes good telemetry stuff, as do many of the other manufacturers......it`s just a matter of what you`re wanting, any of which can be bought online from gun dog supply sites.

Went to go hunting yesterday, and the battery in the truck died, and I found the block heater cord all frayed........spent the day fixing that stuff. Better to discover faults at home than out hunting I suppose.

walker(bandit)
11-24-2010, 02:42 PM
hey here are the two cats from saturday

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/walker-roxy/cat1.png

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/walker-roxy/IMG_0406.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj53/walker-roxy/IMG_0409.jpg

stainz
11-25-2010, 12:52 AM
Nice photos. looks like some nice thick fur on those fellas. you bring either of them home?

walker(bandit)
11-25-2010, 11:20 PM
both females left to run another day

Buck206
11-26-2010, 11:10 AM
awsome pics

Peters Wildlife
11-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Just curious......how many dogs do you guys use for chasing cats?
Thanks

BigfishCanada
11-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Well moose hunting this year, we came across some big cat tracks, talking with a locall he said that its a big male, and has been hangin out since sept in that area. He hunts with a small dog on his ATV, and said the cat showed himself with full focus on his dog.

So, if I get cat hunters at my cabin, do you think that cat will stick to the area we saw the prints or do you think they move as seasons change? I like helping my hunters tag into something,

chilcotin hillbilly
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Big toms don't stay in one area for that long. I would think the local doesn't no a male from a female track as the females tend to stay around a while.

walker(bandit)
11-27-2010, 09:13 PM
one good dog will get the job done but we will not run mor than 5 usually 2 good dogs and then some younger ones

digger dogger
11-29-2010, 07:48 AM
My kid got to see they're 1st cats in a tree yesterday. 1 cougar 5 dogs, 1 bobcat 1 dog! My 11 yr old said the cougar scared him with an expressionless deep cold stare. The cougar was too small and the bob was a little late to shoot.

Look74
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
If you need a dog box look at HoundpoundN.com

Rusty Shackles
12-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Hey SHAKER
Just got singed up for this last week.

Got news on my STOLEN Hounds,

My wife thinks she saw DAISY and ROWDY last week

They were in a truck with other hounds,

Spotted on Vedder Rd. (turning towards promentory), in a newer Silver Dodge Ram (May be crew cab with tinted windows in back) with a fancy (not home made out of ply wood and pallets) Dog box that took up the complete box, Aprox 6 dogs all together.

Any help would be apprieciated.

I dont want to start hunting things that dont have an open season.
I want my dogs back,I get angree when I think about their new owner.

digger dogger
12-02-2010, 07:11 AM
What day were your hounds seen? I drive a newer silver dodge(tinted with a MetallicA sticker in the window) and have been all over the valley with my dogs!
What kind of hounds do you have?
any brands or tats?
Good luck, its a small hounding world!
My hounds are either branded or tattooed if ya can't see the brand then it's tattoed!
She may have mistaken my hounds for yours, my box is plywood painted white and have a tidy tank up at the front so it looks like the box takes up the whole box! dented tailgate!

Spokerider
12-02-2010, 10:34 AM
Hey SHAKER

Spotted on Vedder Rd. (turning towards promentory), in a newer Silver Dodge Ram (May be crew cab with tinted windows in back) with a fancy (not home made out of ply wood and pallets) Dog box that took up the complete box, Aprox 6 dogs all together.

If you were to post pics of your hounds, it may help someone identify them.
Just curious, how did they get stolen?

SHAKER
12-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey SHAKER

Isn't that Captain Rusty Shackles.... LOL
I try'd to find some old pics of them mongers but that situation with my EX pretty well took care of all my old pics! Good to see you on here, and I'll bring the my monsters up this weekend. You better have a Jack on ice for me!

Rusty Shackles
12-02-2010, 07:00 PM
hey guy thanks for taking the time to read. I dont want to start accusing any one here. I'll try to figure ut exactlly what day she saw them. The dogs went missing out of my very well fortified pen 2 or 3 years ago when I was off white tail hunting, 1st of Dec.. Gate was open and electric fencer disabled. Never herd from the pound or any neighbours. They always came home if i would let them out on the farm to run.
I will try to figure out how to post pics. Daisy is a very small Walker looking bitch,with a blood cerdaling banshee cry. Rowdy is daisys younger half brother, Looks more like a blue tic cross mutt, he is short and stocky. choppy bark. Missing from Sumas flats area. Dogs are 5-6 years old now.

Kasomor
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
hey guy thanks for taking the time to read. I dont want to start accusing any one here. I'll try to figure ut exactlly what day she saw them. The dogs went missing out of my very well fortified pen 2 or 3 years ago when I was off white tail hunting, 1st of Dec.. Gate was open and electric fencer disabled. Never herd from the pound or any neighbours. They always came home if i would let them out on the farm to run.
I will try to figure out how to post pics. Daisy is a very small Walker looking bitch,with a blood cerdaling banshee cry. Rowdy is daisys younger half brother, Looks more like a blue tic cross mutt, he is short and stocky. choppy bark. Missing from Sumas flats area. Dogs are 5-6 years old now.

I'm sorry your dogs went missing. That is a rough thing to go through.

Are they tattooed or microchipped? Just wondering if they showed up in the back of someones truck after all this time, how you would prove they are yours if they are not??

Kasomor

Rusty Shackles
12-02-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry your dogs went missing. That is a rough thing to go through.

Are they tattooed or microchipped? Just wondering if they showed up in the back of someones truck after all this time, how you would prove they are yours if they are not??

Kasomor
The pound picked them up once, They may have got tattooed then, I will have to look into it, other than that I do have Good photos of them.
Dont know what I would do, I had given up on them, untill wife said she thought she saw them. She hated those dogs, so it was strange that she would have said anything if she wasnt quite sure. But I have my doubts there are lots of hounds that look simalar. but you never know...

bforce750
12-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey SHAKER

Highly doubt it would be another houndsman that's forsure. They have all lost dogs Im sure and would never in most cases take somebody elses pride and joy.

Rusty Shackles
12-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Highly doubt it would be another houndsman that's forsure. They have all lost dogs Im sure and would never in most cases take somebody elses pride and joy.

I suspect they would be resold to some one. Its hard to check the VIN # on a dog thats not reported stolen.

They went some ware? maybe escaped and got Killed by yoties, but Ive watched them ground fight single yoties to the deth. Biggest mountain around to hide on is Sumas and they would have to cross the freeway and go through Mountain village before they even see a tree. Besides they would have stopped at Burger King and then come home with a gut full.

bforce750
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I suspect they would be resold to some one. Its hard to check the VIN # on a dog thats not reported stolen.

They went some ware? maybe escaped and got Killed by yoties, but Ive watched them ground fight single yoties to the deth. Biggest mountain around to hide on is Sumas and they would have to cross the freeway and go through Mountain village before they even see a tree. Besides they would have stopped at Burger King and then come home with a gut full.

They could be anywhere there ,They could be at the mouth of the vedder, Indian reserve or in some yuppies house on Eagle Mtn. Hope you find them.

Rusty Shackles
12-02-2010, 09:35 PM
They could be anywhere there ,They could be at the mouth of the vedder, Indian reserve or in some yuppies house on Eagle Mtn. Hope you find them.
your rite, could be any ware. its been 3 years, I dont expect to see them again. Plus I moved a year ago.

Barracuda
12-02-2010, 11:44 PM
post pictures . The only people i know with hounds are hound people.

All our dogs have pictures from puppyhood for identification (including the pups from our litter) and our personal dogs are chipped and or tattooed for this very reason.

if you lost all three from your home and none were found it sounds more like dog napping by some granola dogooder.

BlacktailStalker
12-03-2010, 07:50 AM
For a small amount of $ a guy can have a camera on his property with continual recording to his computer, maybe something to consider.

SHAKER
12-03-2010, 07:56 PM
For a small amount of $ a guy can have a camera on his property with continual recording to his computer, maybe something to consider.

I prefer a face full of a 870, havn't seen anyone not speak english or know exactly what your talk'n about when their stare'n at one. Thankfully I don't live on the coast anymore. Just too much bad stuff going on for me. Still got that 870 though! he, he, he.:twisted:

Rusty Shackles
12-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Im going whitetail hunting for a few days, leaving tonite, but I will figure out how to get picks up next week.

Hey SHAKE.
Remember when they treed the chines food delivery guy. HE HE HE. those were fun days...

SHAKER
12-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Im going whitetail hunting for a few days, leaving tonite, but I will figure out how to get picks up next week.

Hey SHAKE.
Remember when they treed the chines food delivery guy. HE HE HE. those were fun days...

Yep..... life in the trailer park with hounds sure was fun. Offten fun without the hounds too!:twisted:

Guess the wife deleted the pics of them chicks in the shower..... oh well!