PDA

View Full Version : The Off-Season

TheProvider
11-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Just curious of how people plan on spending the off season. Trapping? Fishing? Ice Fishing? Predator Hunting? Outta country hunting trips? Even though the seasons haven't closed yet I'm sure a few of you are tagged out and if not you've prolly thought about it.

BUCKJR
11-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Will start will start putting miles on the wading boots fishing steelhead, do some personal sturgeon fishing and suck up to the wife for putting so much time in guiding and hunting in the fall.

Steeleco
11-19-2010, 02:50 PM
OFF season, this is BC man!! There is no off season. There's always something to hunt. But I'll be spending time at the range and doing some hikes to hopefully stay in some sort of shape!!

mijinkal
11-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I live for the winter! I'll be out snowboarding or snowshoeing whenever I can. I'll be up at Baker for opening day tomorrow!

mxracer328
11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
well my seasons start to collide right now. i think tomorrow is gonna be our first day out sleddin. got the itch and need to shake it.

frenchbar
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
sucking up to the wife to get in the good books for next yrs hunts:wink:

BlacktailStalker
11-19-2010, 03:38 PM
Get hounds and there is no off season :cool:

markt308
11-19-2010, 04:21 PM
sucking up to the wife to get in the good books for next yrs hunts:wink:

wow you know it buddy haha

Glassman
11-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Twiddling my thumb waiting for Sept. I will also confirm my buddies cabin in the peace for Sept 15 for elk & moose. Clean the rifles for the 10th time. Stare at the .338 that I want to buy that my buddy has conviently left at my house. I've cleaned that thing so many times I dammed near wore the blueing off. In December I will pick up my juniors 6 point elk antlers that Harley has been working on. In spring start shooting.(especially that .338 that I no doubt have bought by then. You can only stare at something so long before you have to buy it.)
Yup,......... it's gonna be a busy year waiting for sept.

KB90
11-19-2010, 06:20 PM
NO SUCH THING AS AN OFF SEASON!!!

I plan on trying to get another lynx this year and lots of coyotes :D, I also plan on putting in some time to try and get a wolf. Lots of miles on the snowshoes.

Almost forgot some family has got a couple peace winter elk tags, so we will be going up there for that.

I'll find some time to ice fish too :)

troutseeker
11-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Skiing of course!!!

TheProvider
11-19-2010, 06:32 PM
I'll be out chasing yotes, gettin the fly line wet, ice fishing and if I only had hounds or knew someone I'd be going after a cougar. That is till spring bears

sneg
11-19-2010, 06:33 PM
no off season for me. finish big game , go on ducks and geese, than coyotes andd rabbits than bear season open than couple weeks of camping,cruising across BC,than new hunting season starts. stick here and there some fishing,some ATV,some boating,some snowmobiling,some skiing.circle close.I have not enough weekends and vacation to do all outdoor staff I want to do.

pappy
11-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Maybe some predator hunting but for the most part I hope I get lots of overtime and spend lots of hours on my sled in the mountains. I'm a slut for the mountains hunting or sledding its gotta be the mountains.