PDA

View Full Version : mule bucks - rack bracket these

birch
11-19-2010, 11:30 AM
Reason I say bracket them is because they are grainy at best.
I figure both have the potential to be solid 185"+ deer.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/6.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/Deer1cropped-1.jpg

bruin
11-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Frame potential is there. Pretty tough to tell anything more without seeing fork, width etc

BCrams
11-19-2010, 12:36 PM
Racks always look bigger than they really are from behind. Both appear to be nice bucks...especially the Alberta or Sask buck shown.

todbartell
11-19-2010, 12:41 PM
Id say both are 170+

Walking Buffalo
11-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Racks always look bigger than they really are from behind. Both appear to be nice bucks...especially the Alberta or Sask buck shown.

It's a Southern Alberta Buck, Posted on AO by Johnnyringo. He has another pic on his thread that could be the same buck, from the front and close.

luckynuts
11-19-2010, 05:31 PM
The top one, definitely has the frame to meet your requirements just needs the forks and beam length which are to hard to tell in the pic. The bottom one has great potential if left for another year or 2.

W.

dana
11-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Can't see anything of the forks on both bucks. Tall and boxy doesn't mean a buck will score well. I would need to see a much better view of them to give ya any score guess. If this is all I saw of a buck, I would pass. A quick glimpse and a fast trigger finger more than likely means intense ground shrinkage. Especially if the glimpse was of a buck going away from ya. That view aways makes them look bigger than they really are.

blackbart
11-19-2010, 11:50 PM
They both look worthy of a closure look for sure. Tough to really tell from those photo's, but likely 170" or better bucks.

As already stated, the rear view always looks better on mulies - much the same with some women that I have met:)

Go and get a better look - perhaps a field photo or two with your smiling mug in the shot.

birch
11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
It's a Southern Alberta Buck, Posted on AO by Johnnyringo. He has another pic on his thread that could be the same buck, from the front and close.

whats AO and who is johnnyringo ?

from a friend JD?

elkdom
11-22-2010, 08:31 PM
the mule deer buck in the 2nd photo is grandstanding for the camera ! ,

purposely holding his ears together and straight up,,,

trying hard just to make his rack look bigger, wider, what a phony,

where does he think that will get him?:wink:

Caveman
11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
The second on looks to have very nice mass, and even with his ears back, it appears that he's fairly wide & tall. I think he may score quite well, depending on the unseen sides

born2hunt
11-22-2010, 09:23 PM
to tough to tell from those photos we cant see the forks or tine length but the frames are there for sure!