PDA

View Full Version : chance to move near bull river b.c

averagejoe
11-19-2010, 11:09 AM
A family freind of ours is selling his place near bull river b.c its near cranbrook and ft steel its right on the base of the steeple mountains. i am headed down there this weekend to check it out. he is giving me first chance to buy it since he knows i love hunting and such.

rocksteady
11-19-2010, 11:21 AM
You would hate it...

Elk, muleys, WT's, blacks, grizzly, goat, sheep, cougars, bobcats, Lynx, moose, every lake is stocked with fish, coyotes, wolves,

Don't do it...

32-40win
11-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Sure not much for deals on property down that way anymore. But, it is a growing area, lots of big money looking around there, and the prices have reflected it.

blackwater moose
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
if you don't buy it ,give one of us a chance..........please !!!

averagejoe
11-19-2010, 12:14 PM
i guess there is 2 lakes right near by also with good fishing. its a newer log home with 75 acres of land

Nooker77
11-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Grab it before the flatlanders do!!

J_T
11-19-2010, 02:06 PM
My family had property there from 1952 to 1999, great country.

GoatGuy
11-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Great spot, lotsa critters and you're far enough from Crazybrook that you won't be affected.

averagejoe
11-19-2010, 03:00 PM
ya i seen all that gagsta stuff in cranbrook the last little while doesnt seem that safe of town. murders and such

GoatGuy
11-19-2010, 03:05 PM
ya i seen all that gagsta stuff in cranbrook the last little while doesnt seem that safe of town. murders and such

I think they've been using the water off the shit fields and giving it to town people.

afors
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM
Family has a ranch up there, near to Horseshoe lake, Nice area for sure. Best of luck!

Mikey Rafiki
11-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't recommend it! You would spend too much time looking at all the critters in your back yard rather than getting out to all of the other great places in the area. I know I see herd of nice whiteys in there all the time, and you dont have to go too far up the hill to get into the muley's and elk.

Just watch out for the cats.... been screamed at by a few cougs in that area since it's such nice wintering ground.

J_T
11-19-2010, 06:03 PM
ya i seen all that gagsta stuff in cranbrook the last little while doesnt seem that safe of town. murders and suchHuh? There is definitely less "gangsta" here than anywhere I've lived or past through. More "country" in the teens here than anything. Most people here either have hunting dogs in the back of the truck or guns hanging from the window. Keeps everyone honest. Last I checked it had the highest per capita of single mothers. Probably says something about the dedication to the hunt of most of the men. At least here you can BE a hunter and TALK of hunting.

sarnold
11-19-2010, 11:06 PM
we hunted there last year tons of critters of all sorts, cougar and griz everywhere...
it is a stunningly beautiful area!!
oh ya we saw a few elk and thousands of wt 2
good luck

averagejoe
11-22-2010, 11:40 AM
i heard the bull river is a awsome place to hunt. i freind of mine is there right now i guess the whitetail migration is in full swing. he said at least half a dozen bucks over 150 have come out of there in the last week

weatherby_man
11-22-2010, 11:55 AM
There is no game around the Bull River!!!

Thats a load of Bull,,,,,its one of my favourite areas to hunt in BC. Good luck on it, I dont think you'd be disappointed.

bigben
11-22-2010, 10:06 PM
i heard the bull river is a awsome place to hunt. i freind of mine is there right now i guess the whitetail migration is in full swing. he said at least half a dozen bucks over 150 have come out of there in the last week
Hearing and seeing them are two different subjects I live here and I have been up the bull there are not 150 deer up there average buck is 100 to 120 and lots of small ones the odd one gets above 150 or so saskatchewan has more of these ones boys don t get fooled by what people say good bucks are hard to find take care boys and happy hunting

SHEDHEAD
11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Dude, You will be paying BIG BUCKS for that piece of land. But you will be living in the greatest backyard of the East Kootenays. Steeples towering over you everyday of your life, reminding you what living is all about. Hope you can fork out the DOE for this piece of Paradise. Invite me over for a congrats brew when the deal is done. Cheers!

sawmill
11-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Dude, You will be paying BIG BUCKS for that piece of land. But you will be living in the greatest backyard of the East Kootenays. Steeples towering over you everyday of your life, reminding you what living is all about. Hope you can fork out the DOE for this piece of Paradise. Invite me over for a congrats brew when the deal is done. Cheers!
At least you won`t see values decline,a great investment.

LongBomber
11-23-2010, 05:41 PM
Property is actualy on the decline, the acreage that I have been eyeballing here has dropped about 25grand in the last few months:mrgreen:. The big property rush seems to be over. The Cranbrook area was one of five Canadian cities to be the highest property value vs. local income, so is likely not a sustainable market value. I live in Cranbrook but I would like to move 10-15 miles out of town.

Either way there are very few nicer places than the base of the Bull River. There are several lakes and creeks close by with good fishing, the pickering hills road closure is a few miles away for good late season whitetails, decent elk and sheep hunting is within sight of the ranches on the wardner - ft. steele highway. You are also off the main highway, a big consideration for me, my dad's place butts against the highway and the train tracks, making his place near Galloway not a peacefull as it could be.

There have been a few decent bucks in the 150-160 range taken, but they are not common, and a couple of 315 - 326 elk were taken out of the Bull and its tributaries this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gansta stuff, they keep to themselves enough that you wouldn't notice them at all unless you owe them money. I bounced in the bars here for years, the gansta's around here shouldn't worry you much at all. If you saw the guns they pack you would laugh and tell them a rock would be more effective... The rednecks here used to go and fight with them for something to do on a friday night.

If you are out here and see a maroon dodge and a fat guy with a goatie give me a wave and say hi.

The Hermit
11-23-2010, 05:46 PM
If you buy it you will have to change your screen name to LuckySOBJoe

bugler
11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
If you still have to go to town to work everyday it is a bit of a trip, but otherwise it is the ideal place to live as far as I'm concerned. One thing we take for granted here in the East Kootenay, people hunt. Not everyone loves it, but most people have friends who hunt. People at work (who do not hunt) ask me how the weekend hunting was. If you are an outdoorsman you cannot go wrong living in the Bull River area.

averagejoe
11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
went there for a day trip. there was about 50 whitails in my back yard 300 elk on the fields to the north lots of snow. nice mountains. is there lots of legal sheep up in those mountains? is there roads that go up them?? do sheep come down to the feilds in the winter? soo many questions

bforce750
11-26-2010, 11:44 AM
[quote=averagejoe;796996]went there for a day trip. there was about 50 whitails in my back yard 300 elk on the fields to the north lots of snow. nice mountains. is there lots of legal sheep up in those mountains? is there roads that go up them?? do sheep come down to the feilds in the winter? soo many questions[/quot

Every legal sheep on those mountains get shot within the first few opening days of general season. And if you do spot one, it is foot race to see who gets there first. And the sheep are always on the wildhorse rd,bull river rd in the winter months.

rocksteady
11-26-2010, 11:57 AM
3 days ago there was 100- 150 sheep milling around the hatchery/ball field.....Some good rams, I got video of some, but did not see any bruisers, but then again, I am not a sheep hunter...:confused:

averagejoe
11-26-2010, 12:58 PM
also went for a drive up bull river fsr road.. to about the 40km mark some browns cabin road or somthing.. its really pretty up there. it wasnt that busy at all maby one truck passed us one the way up. i cant wait to hunt there next fall

hunter1947
11-27-2010, 03:30 AM
I moved here in June and I never looked back I am living in a dream moving here :-D :-D..

Buckman
11-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Bull River is busy now and will be all winter. If you turned off earlier at around 40km up the Galbraith that goes up to Summer lake, beautiful area!
There is not a nicer area in the Kootenays than the bull.